Our 75 gal build

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! If this isnt a labor of love I dont know what is.

Animated GIF

I have killed many corals :( lol, but Im working on getting it all good!

I see you had cyano issues at one point (only on page 10 ) Hope you got rid of it, I feel like I see a spot on my tank, again, and Im tempted to hit the chemiclear. I also just found this thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/e...nvegCJmktG6cxN5E1SXzbNIoQFDOOMljW0YVsypnUbF78

So maybe Ill be doing that!

You have a lovely tank! Wish I could get my nem to host my clown... the glass is hosting him now lol
I did use cyano Rx to get rid of my cyano, it has pretty much all been removed with some stragglers, lol which I suck out when I see them with a turkey baster.

OP
OP
Dani305

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I make a mix that lasts about a week and a bit and store it in the fridge in a big container that I pull out at feeding time. I add about 2-3 turkey blasters of food 2 times a day. Easy and don't have to wait for it to defrost.

I still am figuring out how much food to feed my tank! Right now I am mixing garlic, selcon, and one cube of mysis/ shrimp or mysis / bloodworms or a chunk of reef frenzy twice a day. I told my bf to throw in some pellets when he gets home since hes there 330-5 and usually I feed the tank at about 8-9.

I think my blenny looks like he has a nice size belly and so does my blue tang. I dont know how to gauge it though :anguished-face:

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still am figuring out how much food to feed my tank! Right now I am mixing garlic, selcon, and one cube of mysis/ shrimp or mysis / bloodworms or a chunk of reef frenzy twice a day. I told my bf to throw in some pellets when he gets home since hes there 330-5 and usually I feed the tank at about 8-9.

I think my blenny looks like he has a nice size belly and so does my blue tang. I dont know how to gauge it though :anguished-face:
I feel you, I try different amounts periodically, lol my fish are all fat and happy. I use frozen mysis shrimp, frozen bloodworms, frozen brine/algae mix, selcon, live phytoplankton and tank water to defrost in. I make about 2 cups each week.

OP
OP
Dani305

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did use cyano Rx to get rid of my cyano, it has pretty much all been removed with some stragglers, lol which I suck out when I see them with a turkey baster.
I feel like I see some on my rocks. When we do out next waterchange I will dose a little.

I feel like my tank looks so dirty compared to everyones. lol People have some really beautiful tanks tho.

OP
OP
Dani305

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel you, I try different amounts periodically, lol my fish are all fat and happy. I use frozen mysis shrimp, frozen bloodworms, frozen brine/algae mix, selcon, live phytoplankton and tank water to defrost in. I make about 2 cups each week.
You add the phyto to your food mix? hmmmm

This might be something I will look in to. But is feeding a whole turkey baster or two too much for my tank? I guess depends how much actual food is in there. I have a lot of fish, and a lot of crabs. (I love my emeralds and my porcelain )

Why is this so hard. lol

Sad The Little Mermaid GIF

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I see some on my rocks. When we do out next waterchange I will dose a little.

I feel like my tank looks so dirty compared to everyones. lol People have some really beautiful tanks tho.
Your tank is doing great, mine is a bit of a mess with GHA but it's slowly going away.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You add the phyto to your food mix? hmmmm

This might be something I will look in to. But is feeding a whole turkey baster or two too much for my tank? I guess depends how much actual food is in there. I have a lot of fish, and a lot of crabs. (I love my emeralds and my porcelain )

Why is this so hard. lol

Sad The Little Mermaid GIF
I'm not sure about the amount, I eye it, lol

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!!! I have some in my tank as well, but I kinda like it. Makes it look like a real reef!
My thoughts too, if I can't eradicate it all, I'll just take what I got and love it until it's all gone, lol

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw an emerald picking at some, but he moved on quickly. I guess maybe Ill cut some off "(if possible) I dont want too much!

I
I find if you remove some, the crabs, snails and urchins will come and finish off what's left. They don't like it when it's long

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back