12436B47-6FA2-4604-81D5-6C23DD8470E5.jpeg
FDD51806-C309-4E4B-AA8E-6DB983F2F9A6.jpeg

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great! The gorg looks very puffy and happy , can’t wait to see it grow huge. I’m a huge fan of AB+ I dose 10ml daily

OP
OP
Dani305

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great! The gorg looks very puffy and happy , can’t wait to see it grow huge. I’m a huge fan of AB+ I dose 10ml daily
Thank you! I added ya on IG. ;)

I have to read the directions on the AB+ right now, Im only putting a capful of phyto, but Im thinking to ramp that up since now I have much more corals.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I added ya on IG. ;)

I have to read the directions on the AB+ right now, Im only putting a capful of phyto, but Im thinking to ramp that up since now I have much more corals.
Followed back! I’m definitely heavy handed when it comes to phyto / ab+ Lol but I have a lot of softies and nems
Like hello!?!! Youre the most expensive thing in this tank, please show your face!!

Scott Shriner Lol GIF by Weezer
I have this whole vision of how my tank should look and every nem is like NO lol

LTA stayed in front for a day then moved to the corner , where it’s been for the majority of time . I wish it would accept its life in front haha

Attachments

• 60815A72-8E20-431B-BB5E-AE567120FA9A.jpeg
    60815A72-8E20-431B-BB5E-AE567120FA9A.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
Dani305

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Followed back! I’m definitely heavy handed when it comes to phyto / ab+ Lol but I have a lot of softies and nems

I have this whole vision of how my tank should look and every nem is like NO lol

LTA stayed in front for a day then moved to the corner , where it’s been for the majority of time . I wish it would accept its life in front haha
Your tank is so beautiful and FULL of life. I cant wait until mine is that way as well. Now, it just looks like rocks, lots of dang rocks.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is so beautiful and FULL of life. I cant wait until mine is that way as well. Now, it just looks like rocks, lots of dang rocks.
Thanks ! It took a long time to get here and most of my corals are what alot of reefers would label as pests lol your tank is still beautiful and will be filled with corals before you know it

OP
OP
Dani305

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ! It took a long time to get here and most of my corals are what alot of reefers would label as pests lol your tank is still beautiful and will be filled with corals before you know it
lol yeah as much as I like xenias, my bf said NO weeds! lololol

I need to get some more palys and zoas, they add a great look!

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are corals so expensive? Also, why are they so expensive and then also so dang small. I would like an acro or something but its a lot of $$ for a think thats an inch or two!

/rant
I hear ya ! That’s why I have all bargain bin corals haha

OP
OP
Dani305

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also @dvgyfresh

What say you about my alk?

I am going to test again tonight and see how much it went down from last night.

I know you dont do water changes etc. We doe a water change every so often, but looks like average is monthly.

I have alk, mag, and calc to dose. Im trying to figure out how much I need to dose weekly (especially my alk).

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also @dvgyfresh

What say you about my alk?

I am going to test again tonight and see how much it went down from last night.

I know you dont do water changes etc. We doe a water change every so often, but looks like average is monthly.

I have alk, mag, and calc to dose. Im trying to figure out how much I need to dose weekly (especially my alk).
I would test every other day for a week or two to really get to know alk consumption , as it stands it looks like yr tank takes up .3 dkh a day . The thing is this number can change during coral growth spurts , coraline , tube worms , ect and you just bought some new corals as well. My tank is easy because I have no sps and only one bubble coral. I just add 10 tea spoons of kalk to 5 gallons of water and this maintains alk / cal for me. If it were me I would just start dosing like 5ml of alk/cal daily and test after a day. Test before and after dosing and see if you need to either go higher or lower. You’ll soon get to have a feel for dosing

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 27 22.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 85 71.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back