Our BEST reef ever!!! What are we doing?

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disney/Pixar Animations blockbuster Finding Nemo has sure drawn a lot of attention to the reefing hobby. Who doesn’t have a “Dory or Nemo in their tank? We’ve heard that enough times from kids of family and friends right? One of the villains in the movie is Darla, the glass tapping psycho to a fish tank in a Dentist office.
She seems to embody the stresses placed on our planets coral reefs and yes even our tanks. Changing temperatures, declining water quality, pollution, and coastal development all seem to be things that both our world and our hobby constantly struggle with.
While there are brilliant and determined people out there trying to reverse the effects of dying coral reefs, I’m constantly thinking of ways to better the small eco system in my home.
Pollution around my tank, temperature fluctuations in my tank, parameters missing the mark and too much human contact whether that’s my arm in the tank or an interested child “tapping”

My next move forward happens to be an algae scrubber. Phosphates are a bit high but that’s all it takes right?

1. What’s next on your list?
27FDD7EE-7A7F-4F07-BAEB-4F15F594DEA0.gif

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen this movie in so long, thank goodness. Of course, I'm still haunted by people calling my clownfish "Nemos". The tank in the dentists office is also excellent inspiration for any aspiring reefkeeper or aquascaper. Who doesn't love fruity pebbles gravel and the beautiful plastic decorations? Also, you just gotta love the natural phytoplankton bloom... And the simply lovely message that children should flush their fish to let them back into the sea. Yes, this movie has had such a great influence on the fish keeping hobby.

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen this movie in so long, thank goodness. Of course, I'm still haunted by people calling my clownfish "Nemos". The tank in the dentists office is also excellent inspiration for any aspiring reefkeeper or aquascaper. Who doesn't love fruity pebbles gravel and the beautiful plastic decorations? Also, you just gotta love the natural phytoplankton bloom... And the simply lovely message that children should flush their fish to let them back into the sea. Yes, this movie has had such a great influence on the fish keeping hobby.
“Fruity Pebble’s gravel” lol thank goodness we’ve all moved on!!! Always improving right!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 123 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back