Our friend Jake Adams

DeeFromBrooklyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is terribly sad. He was such an inspiration to me and I always looked forward to his videos and podcast. Honestly, was happy to watch any content he was in.
Can't believe this. Jake was so young and always full of helpful inspiration. The lord must need a reef tank built.
Rest in Peace Jake

Nheko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Condolences to his family and friends. I’m deeply saddened by this news. He was one of my favorite reefing tubers. Had a talent to transmit his vast knowledge so easily. Definitely inspired me to be a better reefer. RIP Jake, you will be missed.

Shawn Dahl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Condolences to family and friends. May he rest in peace. Jake was an icon of the industry. I followed his teachings since I entered into the hobby

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw a video on you tube. There are a couple of pictures showing what looks like a very bad car crash.
those are some lifeless people who are not even reef keepers trying to milk the platform for some views, some of the videos even mixed him up with another jake adams that died in a car/motorcycle crash.
They even said many hurtful and disgusting things that are not true.

aquaticlog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those are some lifeless people who are not even reef keepers trying to milk the platform for some views, some of the videos even mixed him up with another jake adams that died in a car/motorcycle crash.
They even said many hurtful and disgusting things that are not true.
I believe there's another Jake Adams being mentioned in the google search results from 2021 hence there may be a mix up on what people find on the internet. But this thread is unfortunately accurate.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe there's another Jake Adams being mentioned in the google search results from 2021 hence there may be a mix up on what people find on the internet. But this thread is unfortunately accurate.
no what I meant to say there are people making news videos about our jake adams, while mixing both.
search it on youtube.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I can’t believe this….

The things he put his hands and innovating thinking to will feel his absence.

Rip

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no what I meant to say there are people making news videos about our jake adams, while mixing both.
search it on youtube.

this is what happens when you get your news updates from YouTube. People are basically online rubbernecking.

There are no updates, people need to let information come out as it is discovered and when the family sees fit. Nobody knows anything other than he passed while travelling to Bali. That’s it.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
this is what happens when you get your news updates from YouTube. People are basically online rubbernecking.

There are no updates, people need to let information come out as it is discovered and when the family sees fit. Nobody knows anything other than he passed while travelling to Bali. That’s it.
Bottom line sucks!! The guy was a positive force for the hobby and new hobbyists

Last edited by a moderator:

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the cause for his sudden passing isn’t really our business. It’s a tragic event and we should respect the family. If they wish to disclose any further detail then so b it. His body of work will always be cherished and remembered. God bless.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are random sites and YouTube channels getting involved in it I don’t understand. They are the one causing the confusion, yes it is true that there are two Jake adams and it is also true that both of them passed away.
They are in no way helping when mixing the two up especially that the two of them have completely opposite professions and left different impacts on the people around them.
I am also in disbelief and wish if the news aren’t true, but death is the unavoidable reality and our time will eventually come.

tngarner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jake was my go to for a refresher and how things had changed in the hobby during my 15 years away. What a resource and depth of knowledge. Your legacy shall live on and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Nanolifeuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People say you are only loved your most at death & I believe the community getting together for jakes passing proves how valued he is. I am only a casual reefer but his death has hit me hard.i have learnt so much from his videos & am so grateful to have learnt from his presence. Rest in peace jake adams. One od the most influencing refers in our community. Swim in peace

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back