Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Addicted2ACRO's

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I met Jake a couple of times at RAP...Super Nice guy...im only a hobbyist and yet he took the time to discuss with me issues in regards to the hobby...he was very informative...a great loss to the hobby...he will be missed...he's in God's hands now...Rest in Peace

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have never watched his videos - except perhaps 1. I don't know why or how he died. I do know - after reading many (not all) of the posts here - that he influenced many people, was an upstanding member of the community, and sorely missed by his family. His legacy will live on with his channel. Though I was not a follower - I feel like I've lost a friend. RIP Jake

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am thinking maybe forum can organize an auction or sale thread.

We all have equipment laying around. We could donate it. Then the forum can sell it and donate money to family.

He was a young guy. I am sure family can use help.
If this is wrong I am sorry. Trying to help someway.
We all have equipment laying We don't use.
It can be sold here and money sent. This way we know it's done right.
I was going to suggest the same thing - an official R2R thing. Kind of like a R2R Gofundme. I'm not personally a fan of Gofundme. And - I would leave it to R2R to decide the recipient. I would contribute.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My sincerest condolences to his wife & family.
I learned so much on his videos and surprisingly I would watch the whole thing. Most reef-tubers voices or corny jokes would make my ears bleed but Jake had a way of capturing my attention and keeping me watching.

Rest In Peace buddy

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jake Adams was an amazing ambassador and icon for our hobby. Our condolences go out to his wife Windsor, his family, as well as his friends. He inspired and educated reefers around the world with his articles, videos, and in person appearances at shows. A great asset in the community gone too soon, but leaves behind a legacy of irreplaceable content for the marine industry to continue to learn and grow from. Jake's love and passion the reefing hobby was undeniable and contagious. He will be sorely missed!

Rest In Paradise friend!

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This go fund me page should put at ease any question people may have.

Thanks for sharing this, donated and just hope they make enough to help his wife out with their little "frag" on the way. Makes my heart break that he will never meet his little one. God bless his family.

wvcorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder how he died? Couple vids he didn’t look good. His eyes were glassed over and really slow like he was heavy medicated. May have been sick for some time. Sucks to lose such a great human being. Be greatly missed.

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder how he died? Couple vids he didn’t look good. His eyes were glassed over and really slow like he was heavy medicated. May have been sick for some time. Sucks to lose such a great human being. Be greatly missed.
Im sorry, can we at least be respectful!? This comment is extremely insensitive, and it potentially feeds a false narrative.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reef family, i need a huge favor. There are tons of fake videos online regarding our friend Jake and all sort of conspiracies surrounding his death. They are fake, disgusting, and well i cant tell you what i really want to say. If you see them please dislike them. Thank you.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back