Our friend Jake Adams

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a shame. One of the best ambassadors for our hobby, a clear, informative communicator, and great standard bearer for living a hobby to its fullest. I'm thankful I was able to enjoy his podcast, articles and videos and I'm happy the guy went out on top, at least on the way to doing what he loved most. He gave us aspirations for animal husbandry. Hopefully Evan is willing to pick up the torch - though I understand the logistics behind taking over the studio. My condolences go out to his friends especially Mark van Der Wal, as well as his family. Reminds me of Bob Fenners death. A great light in the community extinguished too early. Whether or not you liked the guy, his passion and love for the reefing hobby was undeniable. He'll be sorely missed!

Last edited:

Nanolifeuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a shame. One of the best ambassadors for our hobby, a clear, informative communicator, and great standard bearer for living a hobby to its fullest. I'm thankful I was able to enjoy his podcast, articles and videos and I'm happy the guy went out on top, at least on the way to doing what he loved most. He gave us aspirations for animal husbandry. Hopefully Evan is willing to pick up the torch - though I understand the logistics behind taking over the studio. My condolences go out to his friends especially Mark van Der Waal, as well as his family. Reminds me of Bob Fenners death. A great light in the community extinguished too early. Whether or not you liked the guy, his passion and love for the reefing hobby was undeniable. He'll be sorely missed!
I was not aware of Bob fenner. He passed before my departure into reefing. I've actually just ordered is book the conscientious marine aquarist from amazon after reading up on his expertise. We are blessed to have selfless people like this in reefing.

Nanolifeuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't stop crying! Please tell me this is not happening!!!!!!!! I normally pray for the family and friends... this time I really need your prayers!!!!!!!
Brother, times can be hard. We have lost a great influence but i hope your okay. We should rejoice in his passing and celebrate his life. Death is a scary concept but 100% of living beings experience this. You must live to die. Fact. Death is part of life as life is part of death. No one is above God or nature & we are all reminded of this within each and every passing. To open up personally I had a scary experience with death and its meaning about 18 month ago which I accepted councilling for and found the help I needed. We are all here to help each other & I am here for you my friend like many other are.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 2.20.26 PM.png

I was blessed to be at MACNA 2010 and meet Jake in person. His work has been part of my daily life for so many years!!! I share his passion for corals and the hobby for such a long time and it is with tears that I post this image! This life goes very fast! Let's do our best to make this journey here on Earth the best we can. Love you all. Be strong and please pray for me! Aloha!

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brother, times can be hard. We have lost a great influence but i hope your okay. We should rejoice in his passing and celebrate his life. Death is a scary concept but 100% of living beings experience this. You must live to die. Fact. Death is part of life as life is part of death. No one is above God or nature & we are all reminded of this within each and every passing. To open up personally I had a scary experience with death and its meaning about 18 month ago which I accepted councilling for and found the help I needed. We are all here to help each other & I am here for you my friend like many other are.
Thank you for your words and all the prayers! I'm not ok. I'm really shocked! I believe that God has His ways and He is above all. It's just the shock that is catching me right now! Aloha.

ConectadoNZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please everyone REPORT all the misleading YouTube videos about this sad news! There are a lot of click bits sickening people making Jake Adams death reports and most of them are using even images of other person! Is so sad news already and I can not believe how some people can be!

God bless you Jake…

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sending my prayers for Jake, and all of you who need it in the next upcoming days.
Love you all, God Bless.

JimmyNg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jake was my go to for a refresher and how things had changed in the hobby during my 15 years away. What a resource and depth of knowledge. Your legacy shall live on and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Rip Jake, thank you for all the many hours of content and entertainment you have given us.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair winds and following seas,

may forever you feel, upon your cheek, the salty breeze.

Your spirit lives on in many a heart,

your words captured and never to depart.

May your loved ones have the comfort of knowing,

to heaven is where you are going.

For all that they have to do is look above,

and they will be reminded of your love.

amazongb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RIP Jake. I will miss his Reef Therapy and other videos and content. In honor of Jake and the others we've lost, it would be nice to have an "In Memoriam" forum where our reefing legend can be memorialized. It would make a nice home for this thread.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back