OP
OP
IvanW

IvanW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is really amazing. Mark and I go back a long way.
If you live in the SoCal area join us for club meetings every third Friday of the month at IHOP in Santa Ana. Also at Reef a palooza in October. Hope to meet you one of these days.

RyanCSGO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is really amazing. Mark and I go back a long way.
If you live in the SoCal area join us for club meetings every third Friday of the month at IHOP in Santa Ana. Also at Reef a palooza in October. Hope to meet you one of these days.
Awesome. Just paid my dues to join SCMAS, not sure if ill make this months meeting, but I will definitely make it to the next one.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember seeing your post last year and it made me very happy seeing your new setup. Glad to see you are continuing your passion.. I started my tank with 100% dry rock and after reading about dino's ending up adding 40LR of cure LR to the sump, Refugium with Chaeto 24-7 lighting, and large pond UV filter. My thinking is even if the dino's are gone might be good practice to add something that will absorb those minor trace elements that would otherwise be used by the dinos exclusively. If they come back (which they are good at), they obviously have an ideal situation to reproduce. I feel the blackout is a good treatment but it is not practical to do it long term but adding a refugium along with this is a good way to choke them out of existence Best of luck and keep up the good work.

OP
OP
IvanW

IvanW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2017-9-17_17-0-55.png
upload_2017-9-17_17-1-51.png
upload_2017-9-17_17-4-1.png
upload_2017-9-17_17-4-49.png
upload_2017-9-17_17-6-25.png
Here are a few updated pics (skills still lacking). Tank is doing really well.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impressive. It's actually your original thread on RC that ultimately sent me to an acrylic tank for my new build. It may scratch, but it won't blow out. Same 96x36x30"dimensions. Plus a lot lighter.

OP
OP
IvanW

IvanW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to move things around a bit. I had a frag tank hooked up in the system, it was being fed off of the main display and draining into its own sump then pumped from there into the refugium on the main sump. I was having great difficulty getting and keeping it balanced so I decided to take it off line and in the next few weeks will set it up as its own system, probably in the garage. So in the space that the frag tank vacated I moved my calcium reactor and set it up with a Masterflex pump. I can now understand why my fellow geeks who are using this system rave about it. I have had it running like this for less than a day and already I can see the difference,a bit on the expensive side (but what isn't in this hobby) I think it will be money well spent.
On the Dinoflagellate issue that I am going through, I have upped my ph,phosphates and nitrates, I also have not done a water change in quite a few weeks. The tank is not getting worse and I personally think that I might have turned a corner hopefully on the road to recovery, I guess time will tell.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great Ivan! Marc really took good care of the tank while you were traveling! Welcome back Btw!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back