Overflow box issues

Ioncewaslegend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've run into my first problems with the new build on my 50g ZooMed low boy frag tank:

1. There is a rim on this tank, which I was dumb and didn't consider.
2. The pre-drilled drain hole is not big enough for the Eshopps Prodigy M overflow box I got.

Overflow hole.jpg

I'd prefer not to drill the tank if I can avoid doing so (since I have no experience doing that), and I'd need to remove at least part of the brace around the top to boot. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to plumb this?

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, I thought Eshopps gives you this clear plastic template thing ... I got the exact same thing and I moved mine up a lil, ....you certain it won’t work?
...drilling tanks is easy; use a heavy 1/2” drill and let the drills weight do its thing; don’t press. Tilt don’t rock for even cutting... you’ll be oK I’d wager
Edit, sorry I just noticed that looks 3/4” ...maybe use that hole for a return ...put the box on the other side. If you do, be advised the Eshopps template is a lil low; you may wanna eyeball it

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy enough to remove a bit of the inner lip of the trim - I did that for the M on my 29 gallon QT. Hole size is a problem. Either way you're going to have to punch another one. I'd just over-drill what's there already, but you could do a new one.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back