Overflow box??

  • Thread starter Thread starter 77pm77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

77pm77

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2012
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Location
Moscow TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I need some input on which eshopps over flow box to buy for the sump Im building. My tank is a 28gal cube and the sump is
16x14x12h. Its a small tank and I was looking at the smallest overflow but someone said I would need a 1 inch drain line and the small
version comes with a 3/4 inch dia drain. Can anyone help me figure out which one to buy, I have never built a sump and Im not sure
how the water flow will work with the return pump.. Thank you! Patrick
:bigsmile:
 
Personally, I would look at the LifeReef ones -- he has "nano" ones. I used a full sized one on a 75 for 7+ years and never once had an issue. I used an Eshopps one, and wasn't all that impressed with the build quality (( this was 4 years ago -- or more -- and things could have improved )), the baffle in the outside box wasn't high enough. I ended up having to extend the U-tube so that it would hold the siphon when the main pump was shut off.
 
I have a 29 gallon with a berlin sump that I think has the same dimensions as yours and I have a eshopps pf 300 and a mag 3 return pump...I think the size of the overflow box depends on the return pump your going to use tho, a bigger pump a bigger box.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new