OP
Jilly92

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid a LFS to drill it - $25/ hole. You need to make sure it is non-tempered glass otherwise it will shatter.
Ya I just assumed it was. I didn't know they would drill it
There are really only four ways to do it, I think. An internal filter (don't recommend), the hang on back filter, canister or plumb to a sump. I have been impressed with the stuff my Reef Octopus skimmer pulls out of the water. And that is after it goes thru a sock with filter padding. Having a sump gets most everything off sitting on the tank.
I stopped using my skimmer because of low nutrients, I do have a very strong powerhead in there that keeps the top agitated well. I'm leaning towards keeping the canister and switch out the hosing to glass tubes. Or calling my fish store to drill if that tank isn't tempered glass

OP
OP
Jilly92

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Youll need a drill. A spray bottle with water and some aquarium silcone for the box to attach to the tank.
Get the silicone at petco or petsmart.
Hths
D
I had some silicon I tried in the tank to put gsp on the back wall and it would stick to the glass but nothing else like it slipped around too much do you have to clamp it in place whole it dries? What is drill for?

sgarron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To drill the holes for the bulkheads to.go through. The amazon link i.provided.
Yes you can lightly squeeze clamp the template in place well you drill and spray the water.
The silicone goes on the outside or inside of the box from the ebay link i provided. Lay the tank back on its back as it dries.
Run ur finger along the bead of silcone to wipe any excess. Paper towel. Bam. Done. Goes where the tank and box meet on the inside of tank.
D

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a fluval 406
I had a 306 before, I upgraded to an Fluval FX4, it's a beast and works great.
The hoses aren't too bad.
If you're looking to get rid of the hoses hanging over the tank, then an external overflow would work, but at the end of the day you will still see something coming out over the tank.

OP
OP
Jilly92

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 306 before, I upgraded to an Fluval FX4, it's a beast and works great.
The hoses aren't too bad.
If you're looking to get rid of the hoses hanging over the tank, then an external overflow would work, but at the end of the day you will still see something coming out over the tank.
I have the G3 on my main. I like it pretty good. So have you seen any adapters for fluval hoses before?

OP
OP
Jilly92

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the G3 on my main. I like it pretty good. So have you seen any adapters for fluval hoses before?
And do you think if I found a filter adapter would the flow be too strong for those glass tubes?

OP
OP
Jilly92

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

reeferKen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
look at the glass through polarized glasses. Ask around in the family and friends if they have a pair. There are a few youtubes on it Hope this helps, sincerely, Ken.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back