Overflow boxes

I use a hob overflow from eshoppes. I was nervous as hell leaving the house when I first set it up. I've since gotten very comfortable with it as it just works amazingly well once you get it dialed in. Big tip, try not to bump or move the u-tubes, it'll alter the flow rate. Not that it's even hard to readjust, just if you forget to and walk away... Get it in the best position and it's golden. Go for it!
 
Just googled the seapora overflow...only difference i'm seeing is the u-tube is clear; eshoppes is smoked. The worry for me would be algea growing in the utube (easy enough to clean sure with a bottle brush) but the smoked tube I have has not let any algae grow yet
 
I found that they need high flow to work correctly and the good part is they have a very small amount of drop when the pump is off, so you will not overflow your sump.
A slightly oversized DC pump is your friend.
 
Just googled the seapora overflow...only difference i'm seeing is the u-tube is clear; eshoppes is smoked. The worry for me would be algea growing in the utube (easy enough to clean sure with a bottle brush) but the smoked tube I have has not let any algae grow yet
shouldn't be a concern if you are good with maintenance. I run a life reef overflow and the u tubes are clear. I did order a bunch of extras, so I will just usually swap them for my maintenance routine. You could also try making an overflow lid to reduce the light in the box if you are still concerned.

I found that they need high flow to work correctly and the good part is they have a very small amount of drop when the pump is off, so you will not overflow your sump.
A slightly oversized DC pump is your friend.
definitely agreed. You can get by without a DC pump, but if you want to dial in the flow rates and make sure you are not hearing a waterfall definitely get a dc pump. My jebao is great and cheap
 
i am not sure if i will do this tank anymore, probably will be starting a fluval evo 13.5 4 my 1st reef. if i do end up doing it i will pm you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new