Overflow cover warp?

Citycop89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EF4A3637-DD12-4F01-A251-B5A73369BC77.jpeg
Has anyone noticed their Waterbox overflow cover warping? I’ve had the tank since February or March and had it set up in March or April. I’ve been noticing the overflow cover of my 135.4 warping and the far ends bending up. I’ve attached a picture.

Any way to prevent this?

fastest302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear nothing but bad things about waterbox, why?? :( They look like super nice aquariums.

I don’t have anything bad with my waterbox just noticed my cover warping a little that is all.. love the setup.. what have you been hearing about

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have anything bad with my waterbox just noticed my cover warping a little that is all.. love the setup.. what have you been hearing about
The stands breaking and the tanks leaking specifically. I've also heard they take a super long time to deliver their setups

OP
OP
C

Citycop89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my set up. Had one hiccup and Waterbox took care of it immediately. Been great customer service. I’m curious if it’s specific to the material they used on these covers. Perhaps they changed it with all of the new setups they’ve had come out.

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my set up. Had one hiccup and Waterbox took care of it immediately. Been great customer service. I’m curious if it’s specific to the material they used on these covers. Perhaps they changed it with all of the new setups they’ve had come out.
That's reassuring that they've been addressing the issues at least. How long is the warranty? I just might consider them for my bigger tank if they really stand behind their products like that.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this is an issue with there older overflow covers and the materials they used for them. I think they have come up with a fix for it already by switching the material used. I've heard all you have to do is email them and they will send you one of the new ones for free, the new ones are a part of there new lineups @Waterbox Aquariums any insight here?

Last edited:

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine hasn't done that yet. Is it the glass cover or plastic?

I hear nothing but bad things about waterbox, why?? :( They look like super nice aquariums.

I love mine. Their lead time can be a little long but so far my aquarium has been perfect. I have the Platinum Pro 170.4/5.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine hasn't done that yet. Is it the glass cover or plastic?

I love mine. Their lead time can be a little long but so far my aquarium has been perfect. I have the Platinum Pro 170.4/5.

Looks to be the plastic one, especially given it's a 135.4, the newer ones are the 130.4 with the upgraded lids.

luisgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same issue with a Glass-holes overflow cover. I wonder if with some heat you can fix the problem. I will try that.

OP
OP
C

Citycop89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Waterbox customer service nails it! I emailed them about this and within 30 minutes I had a response asking for my address to ship a new cover. They use glass now because of the warping issue.

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this is an issue with there older overflow covers and the materials they used for them. I think they have come up with a fix for it already by switching the material used. I've heard all you have to do is email them and they will send you one of the new ones for free, the new ones are a part of there new lineups @Waterbox Aquariums any insight here?

Yes all models now have glass overflow covers to avoid warping issue we saw on some of our 2017 models :)

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Waterbox customer service nails it! I emailed them about this and within 30 minutes I had a response asking for my address to ship a new cover. They use glass now because of the warping issue.

Told ya;) There customer service I feel is there strongest asset right now. Great to see your issue being solved:)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back