Overflow height

314reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I drilled my tank for an external overflow using the template provided. And when I filled the tank to check for leaks I noticed my water lever was super close to the rim. Has anyone ran into this? Or dose anyone have any suggestions? Most of the tanks I see on here the water level is like 1” below the top of the tank. Will add photos later today.

OP
OP
314reefer

314reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well while testing I got a head of my self and I just had straight 1”pipe into the sump. No valve or anything on the main overflow pipe. But I have ordered a gate valve since I’m am replumbing the main

Ratherbeflyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way you can lower the water level is if you lower the height of the weir into the drain. You can either elongate the holes in the tank to move the overflow down. Make sure gaskets will still cover the holes completely. It would be safer, and probably easier to make teeth or larger teeth in the overflow.

OP
OP
314reefer

314reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way you can lower the water level is if you lower the height of the weir into the drain. You can either elongate the holes in the tank to move the overflow down. Make sure gaskets will still cover the holes completely. It would be safer, and probably easier to make teeth or larger teeth in the overflow.
Yeah that’s kind of what I was thinking I had to do just wanted to get input on it as I’m still wet behind the ears thanks for the info

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back