overflow help

Jerm078

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first post so please forgive me if this is not the place to ask this question or if it has been answered and I just could not find it. I am wondering if anyone can tell me if a tank is drilled for a 16" Synergy reef shadow overflow are there any others that will fit? I am planning on getting a SC aquariums 150 gallon tank drilled for the synergy reef overflow. After doing more research I don't think I want a synergy reef overflow. I also don't want there tank with the built in overflow and don't want to drill my own holes. Any thought and help would be much appreciated.

scottedontknow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im a bit confused. why do you not want the synergy reef overflow, as they are one of the best in the game haha. you would have to do research on the bulkhead spacing of other overflow boxes but most likley they well all have slightly different spacing/bulkhead sizes.

OP
OP
Jerm078

Jerm078

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im a bit confused. why do you not want the synergy reef overflow, as they are one of the best in the game haha. you would have to do research on the bulkhead spacing of other overflow boxes but most likley they well all have slightly different spacing/bulkhead sizes.
yup I thought they were good also but then I read a bunch of reviews and that changed my mind. I am being lazy and figured if a lot of people ended up not liking the synergy reef overflow then I was hoping someone did the work for me and has had success finding one that will fit. I know being lazy in this hobby can be bad but hay we can all be lazy at times lol thanks for the reply.

scottedontknow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well worst case you can always get a custom one made! There’s a TON of ppl on there they will make them how ever you need them!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Modular Marine makes a direct replacement for the synergy. Exotic Marine Systems also will make you one that fits the holes for the Synergy as well. Both have AMAZING reviews, Modular Marine's turn around time seems to be a little slower than EMS but not by a whole lot

OP
OP
Jerm078

Jerm078

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Modular Marine makes a direct replacement for the synergy. Exotic Marine Systems also will make you one that fits the holes for the Synergy as well. Both have AMAZING reviews, Modular Marine's turn around time seems to be a little slower than EMS but not by a whole lot
Thank you, I will check them out.

OP
OP
Jerm078

Jerm078

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I will check them out.
I just looked into the exotic marine systems one and it is a direct replacement and seems like a nice setup. Thank you again this saved me time and aggravation.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 100 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back