Overflow leak

RSREEFING

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Messages
163
Reaction score
47
Location
Racine
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, So I installed a overflow box on my rimless tank. Everything seems fine but there's a very small leak where both pieces connect in-between the glass. How would I fix this? Thank you

20220322_201233.jpg 20220322_202137.jpg
 
Just have to cover the basics. Do you have both gaskets installed in the correct locations?
 
It doesn't look like the gasket is behind the the clear overflow box that connects to the back of the tank...
 
What configuration do you have the gaskets? I had the same overflow, the best way is inside box, gasket, glass, gasket, outside box. Don't follow the instructions that come with it.
 
What configuration do you have the gaskets? I had the same overflow, the best way is inside box, gasket, glass, gasket, outside box.

+1

This is exactly how the manufacturer says to install it.
 
What configuration do you have the gaskets? I had the same overflow, the best way is inside box, gasket, glass, gasket, outside box. Don't follow the instructions that come with it.
Okay, I only have one gasket. That's probably my issue.
 
Okay, I only have one gasket. That's probably my issue.
Bingo,

Did the kit come with two? If you only have one, best bet would be between the glass and outside box
 
Bingo,

Did the kit come with two? If you only have one, best bet would be between the glass and outside box
I bought off someone that said they never got around to using it and it only came with one. I'll probably order another one but I'll try putting it on the outside and see if that works
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new