Overloaded circuit?

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the last few days I've noticed that my apex/whole tank will power off for a second then power back on. I'm guessing this is due to an overloaded circuit but I'm curious on others thoughts? Could this be an issue with the apex itself? I plan on trying to reduce the load but I'm wondering how to otherwise troubleshoot. This is in an apartment unfortunately so I don't have a ton of options. @Brew12

Edit: Also the more I think about it this has happened with the lights off. Really only thing I've changed recently is swapping out one Radion XR30 Gen 3 for two Radion XR30 Gen 4s. It's odd you would think it would happen more often with lights on.

Last edited:

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I am having the same issue and was more inclined with a faulty main suppressor i have but it also happened 3 times this morning with the lights off so now i am inclined to think it is the APEX.

Will check on Neptunes forum to see if i find something or make a ticket for troubleshooting.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
drawman

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the reply! It's weird that it just started happening out of the blue but I will make sure to update.
I was going to say that it was unlikely to be caused by an overload since it reset itself. For safety reasons overload circuits normally require a manual reset.

OP
OP
drawman

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to say that it was unlikely to be caused by an overload since it reset itself. For safety reasons overload circuits normally require a manual reset.
Thanks Brew I assumed so as well just seemed like a weird problem. Seems like a fair number of apex classic owners were having this issue from the neptune forum thread.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Brew I assumed so as well just seemed like a weird problem. Seems like a fair number of apex classic owners were having this issue from the neptune forum thread.
I had it happen on my old apex when one of the aquabus cables got corroded. The control signal would drop out and cause it to turn all my pumps off.

OP
OP
drawman

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had it happen on my old apex when one of the aquabus cables got corroded. The control signal would drop out and cause it to turn all my pumps off.
Just updated the firmware so I will look out for any more reboots. @wcharon have you tried this as well?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Once my settings were in place, I disconnected from Router. I have had no issues since doing this

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So you aren't using Fusion?
Yes, but part time. If I need access, i simply connect to WIFI. If not,,,, I leave it as is. I have zero complaints with the classic unit.

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just updated the firmware so I will look out for any more reboots. @wcharon have you tried this as well?

No i haven't done it as i am at work. But checking Fusion randomly it haven't reboot again. Will monitor and decide if i upgrade or not but seems that will be my only option.

skr791346

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using a 2016 brain unit with 1 EB832 but also with 2 EB8s. My apex restarted itself about 26 times today and anything plugged into EB8s turn off for a second then turns back on. I'm assuming this update doesn't apply to those using latest brain units but wondering if anyone else is having similar issues?

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back