p0st h0me reef (dutch)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seriously if I saw photos of this tank every day it would make me have a better day.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
p0st

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today is a great day because I found 7 baby Kauderni fish in my tank! I immediately caught them to keep them safe, hopefully I'll manage to grow them until they are "safe" to swim in the tank!

Just before I found these small guys I fed my LPS, they really do love the Fauna Marin LPS Pellet food!

And then there's this toxic green Sinularia Dura, which seems to be feeling quite happy :)

OP
OP
p0st

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test-Tuesday! Luckily the combination of cheato and vodka is working out, my nitrates and phosphates are decreasing steadily.

Results: KH 8 | CA 440 | MG 1500 | NO3 2,5 | PO4 0,09

And some of the latest additions to the tank, really glad I found these two beauties!

OP
OP
p0st

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I forgot to share my latest YouTube update! It's a Sump Special :)

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so glad I checked back in. Looks like the reboot is going well.

OP
OP
p0st

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the most beautiful tanks I've ever seen!

Well that's very kind of you, much appreciated!

By the way I see that I forgot to mention the "reboot" in this thread altogether. Because of a warranty case my Red Sea Reefer 525 was replaced last week with a whole new tank. That meant emptying out the tank entirely, getting rid of the old tank, placing the brand new tank, and filling her up again. The whole process took place last week on Saturday and we completed it in about 7 hours from start to finish. Now everything seems to have calmed down pretty much, and the corals are looking as happy as ever!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

By the way I see that I forgot to mention the "reboot" in this thread altogether. Because of a warranty case my Red Sea Reefer 525 was replaced last week with a whole new tank. That meant emptying out the tank entirely, getting rid of the old tank, placing the brand new tank, and filling her up again. The whole process took place last week on Saturday and we completed it in about 7 hours from start to finish. Now everything seems to have calmed down pretty much, and the corals are looking as happy as ever!

Still, the tank looks healthy.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

WOW! Moving all of that can't have been easy, but I'm amazed at how happy you managed to keep all the livestock! Everything looks stellar!!

OP
OP
p0st

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha it sure wasn't an easy job but of course some rocks I could remove in full with the corals still attached. I feel lucky that everything has pulled it through, so thanks and we keep our fingers crossed!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful and congrats! Crazy how you seemed to move everything back to the exact spot as before!

OP
OP
p0st

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful and congrats! Crazy how you seemed to move everything back to the exact spot as before!

Thanks! Well that was a bit of a puzzle. Overall the structure is somewhat lower than before because of rock placement and of course I removed the pillar on the right. Glad with the result though :)

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice upgrade and rescaping.
Makes me wonder what was the reason for the exchange of the tank?
Any defect?

OP
OP
p0st

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It was a warranty case to prevent leaking which was imminent. Very well solved by red sea!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back