OP
OP
p0st

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys! I have been struggling a bit with high nutrients lately (still am, but we're getting there) so I haven't spent too much time on making new videos and stuff. But this weekend I took another go at it, here's a 9min review of some of the species in my tank, a livestock review! I hope my Dutch-English is good enough to understand, I know it doesn't sound quite native but I'm trying to improve :)

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic video !!! Awesome tank ... amazing scape !!!! You have a beautiful golden torch there !!!

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Jason! Yeah although it's pretty small still I really like it as well! Today I bought myself a nice splattered bubble coral, really happy with that one!

Cool ! Very Nice !! Ive just managed too reserve a golden torch for myself .!! Very happy !!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you guys! I have been struggling a bit with high nutrients lately (still am, but we're getting there) so I haven't spent too much time on making new videos and stuff. But this weekend I took another go at it, here's a 9min review of some of the species in my tank, a livestock review! I hope my Dutch-English is good enough to understand, I know it doesn't sound quite native but I'm trying to improve :)

Beautiful my friend!

How often do you clean your sand bed and how do you keep it so clean?

OP
OP
p0st

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful my friend!

How often do you clean your sand bed and how do you keep it so clean?

Thanks Rev! I don't clean it because the Valiencienna Sexguttata does it for me :) it literally filters the entire bottom from left to right. He does tend to use quite a bit for reinforcing his "hole" under the left rocks but I spread it out about once a week so he can start over again haha!

What is the name of the blue wrasse? That's a beautiful fish.

In Dutch we call it a "Diamond Wrasse" but I think the official name is Macropharyngodon bipartitus, blue star leopard wrasse!

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Rev! I don't clean it because the Valiencienna Sexguttata does it for me :) it literally filters the entire bottom from left to right. He does tend to use quite a bit for reinforcing his "hole" under the left rocks but I spread it out about once a week so he can start over again haha!

In Dutch we call it a "Diamond Wrasse" but I think the official name is Macropharyngodon bipartitus, blue star leopard wrasse!
Thank you very much.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Stunning! I love following this reef!

OP
OP
p0st

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning! I love following this reef!

Thank you very much! In the mean time I decided to shoot another video this morning. It's a video in which I will be showing a few of my corals from very up close in macro mode. Unfortunately the audio isn't that great so I'll consider taking the case off my phone next time I make a video. Hope you guys enjoy and remember, feel free to ask any questions!

snappa1953

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Indeed I have only the Gyre combined with a locline on the return nozzle. Because my reef is very open there is enough flow everywhere yes :)
What fittings did you have for attaching the loc-line to the outlet please? Special order or stock standard duckbill angled outflow? The one I've seen is threaded which wouldn't work I assume.

aKlevans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, are you still using that samsung s6 for your photos? They look amazing:D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you very much! In the mean time I decided to shoot another video this morning. It's a video in which I will be showing a few of my corals from very up close in macro mode. Unfortunately the audio isn't that great so I'll consider taking the case off my phone next time I make a video. Hope you guys enjoy and remember, feel free to ask any questions!

Very nice!

jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice @p0st ... thanks for taking the time to post the videos!

OP
OP
p0st

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What fittings did you have for attaching the loc-line to the outlet please? Special order or stock standard duckbill angled outflow? The one I've seen is threaded which wouldn't work I assume.

Hmm I attached a standard loc-line which was threaded but added some white tape you use when you're connecting water pipes (plumbing stuff) and that made it a snug fit!

Hey, are you still using that samsung s6 for your photos? They look amazing:D

By now I've upgraded to an S8 which is a significant upgrade from the S6 :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back