p0st h0me reef (dutch)

By now I've upgraded to an S8 which is a significant upgrade from the S6 :)
Cool, me too! Do you have any tips? Any special lenses?
 
Hmm I attached a standard loc-line which was threaded but added some white tape you use when you're connecting water pipes (plumbing stuff) and that made it a snug fit!

+1. That was what I did with mine. pretty tight. no leak.

By now I've upgraded to an S8 which is a significant upgrade from the S6 :)
 
So today is a great day because I found 7 baby Kauderni fish in my tank! I immediately caught them to keep them safe, hopefully I'll manage to grow them until they are "safe" to swim in the tank!



Just before I found these small guys I fed my LPS, they really do love the Fauna Marin LPS Pellet food!



Love this pic!
 
Beautiful tank, great selection of fish and corals! Congrats.. One question and sorry if I missed it, how about water changes, how often and what salt are you using?
 
Cool, me too! Do you have any tips? Any special lenses?

Nice! Hmm usually I just start shooting in Auto mode, but sometimes it's better to use the "Pro" setting and set the light balance on 10.000K to make it a little less blue-heavy.

Beautiful tank, great selection of fish and corals! Congrats.. One question and sorry if I missed it, how about water changes, how often and what salt are you using?

Thank you! I'm rarely doing any water changes because I am (was) using Balling Classic, which does not require any water changes. This week I changed to the ATI Essentials method but it's basicly the same formula, adding carbonates, calcium and magnesium with no water changes required.

___________________________________________

Also, here's a new video that I shot today, I hope you enjoy!

 
Here's a couple of pictures that I recently posted on Instagram, hope you enjoy!











Absolutely beautiful, bro!! Thanks for sharing!!
 
Such a beautiful tank!! Such unique fish as well, do you have a complete list of fish?
 
Beautiful photos , absolutely love them !

Such a wonderful tank and great update.

wow, very beautiful.

Thanks for the love guys!

Such a beautiful tank!! Such unique fish as well, do you have a complete list of fish?

Thank you! Yes I do, I was RTotM last month so I'll copy the list from that article :)

1. Copperband Butterfly (since November 2014)
2. 2x Mandarin Fish (Synchiropus splendidus)
3. 2x Pterapogon kauderni
4. 4x Evansi Anthias
5. 2x Macroparynghodon Meleagris (male + female)
6. 1x corythoichthys intestinalis
7. 1x ostracion cubicus
8. 1x salarias fasciatus
9. 1x Bristletooth Tomini Tang
10. 1x equetus punctatus (juvenile)
 
I have recently switched to ATI Essentials products combined with Red Sea NO3:PO4-X (previously Balling Classic and vodka). I have to say that the tank is certainly enjoying it, so it seems like a successful change!

 
I have recently switched to ATI Essentials products combined with Red Sea NO3:pO4-X (previously Balling Classic and vodka). I have to say that the tank is certainly enjoying it, so it seems like a successful change!

LOVE this FTS! Everything is super healthy. Awesome colonies!
 
Your tank gives me inspiration and something to aspire to! Thank you so much for sharing! I'll be watching for updates :)
 
Hiya guys! I have decided to place a little more effort and attention into making videos of my tank and everything in/around it. Recently I made a review about the new ATI Essentials product to maintain your reef, and last weekend I did a full review on the Red Sea Reefer Sump.

Feel free to check out the channel! http://youtube.com/DutchReefer

 
Hey bud any updates?
 
Hey bud any updates?

Wow yeah it's been a while! I definitely have a lot of updates, but since I'm focusing on YouTube a lot lately I completely forgot to come back to R2R! Here's some of my videos from the past few months, feel free to ask me anything you want!

First of all my most recent Livestock review


Then a video about how I'm managing my nutrients


And the latest monthly update (there are more where this comes from)


And last but not least, the first episode of my new "Focus Friday" series!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new