p0st h0me reef (dutch)

Josepha7697

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. I love everything about it. Do you still have the dragonface pipefish and boxfish? If so, How are they Doing in the reef and are you doing anything special. If not, can you tell me why you got rid of them? Thanks and Thanks for all the videos.

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, what's up! So I'm planning a 90g cube build right now and looking at light options. I watched your Giesemann overview and figured I'd pop this question to you!

This will be an Anemone clown harem, so the light solution would be something that brings out the colors best for BTA's like Inferno's, Rainbow, etc. (Reds, oranges, yellows, etc). I was thinking about trying out a T5/LED hybrid such as Aquatic Life, but I've never messed with T5 bulbs before so I'm not sure which combination is best. Any thoughts here?

Silverfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey dutch,
Super nice tank. I've been following along. Thank you for taking the time to make the videos and for all the great information! A couple questions please. Do you run 2 gyres and what is your program please. I know different corals need different water flow but I'm gearing towards a mixed reef tank similar to yours. Also, what percentage of blue lights do you use at peak. I have a 3 month old reefer 525 and your videos were very helpful.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love this tank! Hoping for an update, @p0st :D

OP
OP
p0st

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. I love everything about it. Do you still have the dragonface pipefish and boxfish? If so, How are they Doing in the reef and are you doing anything special. If not, can you tell me why you got rid of them? Thanks and Thanks for all the videos.

Thank you! Unfortunately not, the pipefish got devoured by a hungry decorator crab, which was quite gruesome... The boxfish had to leave the tank since it started nibbling on chalices and other LPS.

Hey man, what's up! So I'm planning a 90g cube build right now and looking at light options. I watched your Giesemann overview and figured I'd pop this question to you!

This will be an Anemone clown harem, so the light solution would be something that brings out the colors best for BTA's like Inferno's, Rainbow, etc. (Reds, oranges, yellows, etc). I was thinking about trying out a T5/LED hybrid such as Aquatic Life, but I've never messed with T5 bulbs before so I'm not sure which combination is best. Any thoughts here?

If you're looking for a light solution that brings out colors best then it's best to stick to LED in my opinion! High end fixtures like the Radions or Hydra HD's will definitely bring out the best!

Hey dutch,
Super nice tank. I've been following along. Thank you for taking the time to make the videos and for all the great information! A couple questions please. Do you run 2 gyres and what is your program please. I know different corals need different water flow but I'm gearing towards a mixed reef tank similar to yours. Also, what percentage of blue lights do you use at peak. I have a 3 month old reefer 525 and your videos were very helpful.

Thanks Silverfish! I run only 1 gyre now, in alternating gyre mode (from +70 to -60). If you keep your reef structure a bit open then that should suffice. I'm boosting the blues up to 80% peak, and around 60% during most of the day.

I love this tank! Hoping for an update, @p0st :D

Yes, it is time for some updates

I am very sorry for neglecting this thread! I'm doing a YouTube video every week on my YT channel and thus I'm gearing a little less toward text updates. Good thing somebody sent me a PM today and I got an e-mail notification about that heh!

OP
OP
p0st

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an updated picture, made today! The reef is still going strong :)
I have added some fish in the past few months, most notably a Pygo Angelfish (Pygoplites diacanthus) which is doing really well
The Copperband is still going strong as he's been with me for over 4 years now (added in nov 2014)

For the latest video updates check out https://www.youtube.com/dutchreefer

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am very sorry for neglecting this thread! I'm doing a YouTube video every week on my YT channel and thus I'm gearing a little less toward text updates. Good thing somebody sent me a PM today and I got an e-mail notification about that heh!
No worries. You can definitely post your YT updates here as well. We'd all like to follow along I'm sure!

OP
OP
p0st

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries. You can definitely post your YT updates here as well. We'd all like to follow along I'm sure!

Heh it's been a while, since I was planning a house move in between Feb and June. Well we lived through that and in the process I upgraded my Reefer to a custom built (not new) 320g tank that give me a world of new possibilities!

Here's a quick snap, and I have started releasing weekly updates again on my YT channel, I'll list the most recent ones below for those of you interested :) cheers!!

IMG_20190823_163247 - Copy.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Heh it's been a while, since I was planning a house move in between Feb and June. Well we lived through that and in the process I upgraded my Reefer to a custom built (not new) 320g tank that give me a world of new possibilities!

Here's a quick snap, and I have started releasing weekly updates again on my YT channel, I'll list the most recent ones below for those of you interested :) cheers!!

Awesome glad to have you posting again!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Woot! Awesome!!

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@p0st how much live rock do you think you have / had in the tank? Ive been looking into getting a reefer 525 and wanted to have two or four mandarins like you did

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 100 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back