Pad for under sump on tile floor?

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2020
Messages
1,902
Reaction score
3,171
Location
Traverse city
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers! Looking for some options for some type of pad or foam for below my new sump im putting togeather. It sits directly on the tile right now but id like to have something at least for the lower frame to sit on to help it level out properly because I do have some very slight high spots on one or two tiles. Hopefully I can find something at home depot or I may go get a really cheap yoga matt to cut and place under it.

What has everyone else used for this? Added bonus if I can find it locally and don't have to order it.

20220119_173957.jpg
 
I would put some Pressure treated plywood down and maybe lightly shim, Also under all of my tanks on the floor i purchased shower pan vinyl liner and wrapped the corners. this has saved me MANY times from getting water all over my basement / floors.
Not too worried about the water. More just pressure along the bottom frame with the tile not being perfectly smooth. I skinned the walls around the sump with FRP to waterproof them and im using vinyl trim on top and bottom. Should keep any water that splashes or spills in this area for quick and easy clean up with the shopvac and some rags.

I am trying to avoid using plywood because I don't want to deal with any issues that could arise in the future with moisture penetrating the wood.
 
I use a yoga mat under my sumps. I avoid the antimicrobial mats but not sure it really make a difference.
 
If it was me I would just build a 2x4 frame underneath, otherwise I like the foam flooring squares.
 
Wouldn't most foams just compress to the tile profile?
Something harder like plywood or hard plastic might distribute the load better.
How uneven are the tiles? 1/8", 1/16"
 
Weather tech will make one to your specs and it will last forever. Also it will conform with weight to the tile while staying level on top.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new