Paintguru's Tank

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fulltank.jpg

My tank is a 92 gal cube measuring 30"x30"x24". It was made by someone who makes tanks for Preuss'. Stand and canopy were made by MR member and are oak stained with dark walnut stain. Here are the other details

Equipment
Skimmer: *NEW* DAS EX-1 recirc skimmer (love it)
Return: Mag12
Circulation: (2) MJ1200 mods (replaced Tunze 6080s). To be honest, I doubt I would get the 6080s again as they are not controllable and the MJMod 1200 looks better and pushes more water.
Lighting: 400W 20KXM (PFO standard ballast) with Luminarc III reflector + 2-24" VHO 50/50 actinics that could use to be changed. MHs are on for ~7 hrs; VHOs for 10hrs. Update 1/1/07
Salt: Changed to Reef Crystals
Additives: None at this time.
Temperature control: Ranco temp controller hooked to (2) fans on the top of the canopy. Temp set for 81F. Heating provided by Ti heater in sump.
Misc: Grounding Probe, Timers, Power Strips, DIY Kalk reactor + Tunze Osmolator

Previously used
UV sterilizer
Ozone
Neither made a dramatic enough difference to warrant their continued use.

Inhabitants
Fish
(1) Blueline Rabbitfish
(2) True Perculas
(1) Six line wrasse
(1) Banggai Cardinal
(1) Watchman Goby

Corals
Variety of SPS, LPS, and Zoas plus a Rose Anemone. I'm not the best documenter in the world on this front

Inverts
(2) Brittle Stars
(1) Blood Shrimp
(1) Blue Linka Star
(??) Snails (Astrea and Cerith)

Methodology

My tank is using the "bare bottom" methodology and I must say I am happy with it. I am quite a lazy reefer sometimes, but I can handle syphoning once/week. At this time I perform ~5-6gal water change. Other then that, nothing but feeding (Dry/Mysis) and watching the tank. Water tests are done periodically; I mostly observe the tank and if there is something wrong, I will then test.

Some of my frags...as you can see, I still have no clue how to take decent closeup pictures.

zombie.jpg

rededge.jpg

rainbow.jpg

purpledeath.jpg

NG.jpg

krypto.jpg

Goldeneye.jpg

frag4.jpg

fireice.jpg

Last edited:

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FINALLY! Looking good Chris. I see the picture that you took, second to last pic that we are trying to ID on my thread. Yours is very similar... Wonder what it is... If only me or you could get a good pic of the colors and all. Those Nuclear Greens are soooo ready to frag :hammer:

OP
OP
Paintguru

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heh yeah, I don't know what my deal is. I took these with my point and shoot, as I don't have a macro lens yet. I may try my nicer camera here shortly to see if I can get a better picture. I even used a tripod.

OP
OP
Paintguru

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just finished a major redesign (rock is now setup in pillar form on a PVC frame) along with pulling out a ton of hair algae (I have no idea why I'm having these issues. I will take pictures once everything is cleared up and the hood is back in place. I'm hoping the more open rock work allows for better circulation.

OP
OP
Paintguru

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here is a picture of the new rock work after cleaning. I need to still work on hiding some of the PVC, but overall I'm happy with it.

newtank.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back