Painting and Reef Tanks?

Reefing102

#BattleCrew
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2021
Messages
5,258
Reaction score
7,758
Location
Central Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m looking at selling my house as I get ready to build a new house. As part of that prep, I’m planning on painting a few interior rooms (including the room my 65 gallon sits in). I don’t run a skimmer.

Do I need to be concerned with paint fumes effecting the tank?
 
So I’m looking at selling my house as I get ready to build a new house. As part of that prep, I’m planning on painting a few interior rooms (including the room my 65 gallon sits in). I don’t run a skimmer.

Do I need to be concerned with paint fumes effecting the tank?
As an artist who paints with oils and acrylics, I’ve not seen any issue to any of the tanks concerning the paint. As long as you’re not painting over and dripping in, just ventilate the house as normal and all should be fine. If you’re painting in the same room toss the drop cloth over the tank top, and pull off when done.
 
Actual spray paint? maybe….
roll on latex, no
I have used Latex and Oil based paints for years with no ill effects with proper ventilation. Just saying My experience and I have set up at least 20 plus tanks for me and others.
 
When the Tilers used a Pink Primer on the floor for the Leveling Compound. It stressed my Yellow Tang, was able to save it by pumping outside air in to the Aquarium, and using Charcoal. They assured me they were done with the Primer. They had one little area, that needed to be redone. Used the Primer when I wasn’t home. It killed the Tang. A cheap two port air pump set outside would be a good idea.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new