Pair of Coral Beauty Angels in 60g Peninsula?

Enad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I've been spending the last few months thinking about my stocking list for an upcoming tank upgrade, and I've always loved the Dwarf Angelfish and I've been thinking it could be nice to have a pair of CB Coral Beauties. I'm planning on getting direct from Biota at the same time, so theoretically they'll be from the same batch and still be juvenile, so they won't be male or female yet.

I have a WaterBox MarineX 3620 Peninsula, which is a 60gallon display volume. Currently I have two clowns and 1 small Sunburst Anthias. I have 2 CB Mandarins in a smaller tank than I'm growing out until they are large enough to go in the bigger tank. I don't think I'd be adding anything else if I did indeed go with 2 Coral Beauties.

So, what's everyone's thoughts? Would 2 CB Coral Beauties be happy long term in a 60g Peninsula?

OP
OP
Enad

Enad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reason for nope? Territory, not enough rock in a 60g, something else? I know there isn't a 100% guarantee, but if they do end up pairing, wouldn't that negate the territory issue? I'm fairly ignorant regarding fish behavior so please let me know if I'm wrong here.

Thanks

Cheese Griller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
even when paired, angels will still sometimes chase each other and a 65 gallon, Especially with the dimensions of your specific tank, would hardly even cut it for a single coral beauty let alone two.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 60 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back