Pairing existing Squareback Anthia

TrampledByEwoks

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2021
Messages
87
Reaction score
40
Location
St.Paul
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a happy/healthy female Squareback Anthia for about 4 years now and it’s about 5 inches long. I love the fish but I personally think the male Squareback is one of the best looking Anthias you can get. Wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I could bring in another one or two females to get my current one to transition to male.

My list of ideas:
1. Get one smaller female. The hierarchy should be settled quick and maybe reduce fighting prior to the current anthia changing.
2. Get two smaller females to spread out aggression from the current big one.
3. I’m screwed and need to go buy a big male.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new