Paly Heads Fell off frag

Zakary2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a toxic green palythoa yesterday. It had three heads. Two of the heads were pulled off by a hermit crab and I was able to recover one of them. Can I reattach it to the frag plug? It seems mostly intact but there's definitely some damage, and the remaining polyp is closed tight.

wculver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the same thing happen before, crabs pulled off the polyps. If you just use super glue you can do it with everything wet. Super glue actually cures faster with water anyhow, just give it a few minutes to set. The crab will go back to them though if you don't do something about it, I ended up getting rid of mine.

OP
OP
Z

Zakary2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the same thing happen before, crabs pulled off the polyps. If you just use super glue you can do it with everything wet. Super glue actually cures faster with water anyhow, just give it a few minutes to set. The crab will go back to them though if you don't do something about it, I ended up getting rid of mine.
Yeah, he's going to the local fish store tomorrow to find a new home. Hopefully he will leave everything alone until then.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 90 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back