PAN WORLD PUMP

Kipp's Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, should be an easy one to answer.

I have the pan world (yellow) circulator pump for my mixing station. Went to make my first round of RODI water and had the pump going for about 4 hours and it started to get pretty warm, is this normal? can you run these pumps all of the time? would just be circulating my RODI water so it doesn't sit stagnant.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally normal. All pump do this - even DC ones. Most are just under the water where you cannot tell.

These are incredibly tough pumps. You almost have to REALLY try to mess them up. I have a handful of them that run like brand new and they are probably going on 15 to 20 years old.

OP
OP
Kipp's Corals

Kipp's Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally normal. All pump do this - even DC ones. Most are just under the water where you cannot tell.

These are incredibly tough pumps. You almost have to REALLY try to mess them up. I have a handful of them that run like brand new and they are probably going on 15 to 20 years old.
Excellent! Thank you :)

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As noted, these pumps will give you decades of reliable performance. I think I have owned all of the various aquarium models (many still languishing in a closet somewhere) and have yet to have a non user error failure. Think of heat radiating from the pump body as heat that isn’t going into your tank. BlueLine is rebadged PW.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back