OP
Albertoinbox

Albertoinbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, hows it going?

Man I missed that kid...I moved out of California last year and had to tear it down, I had to give him away to a fellow reefer. He's now entertaining someone else for sure. Probably the cutest fish I ever had, not the prettiest, of course. I find all blenies to be cute cause they have a distinct personality and shape that make them adorable.

I now live in Florida and own a much bigger tank, to my delight.

Since I set up my tank almost a year ago, i had the pleasure of having a bi-color blenny (jumped), then a tail spot that I recently switched for a midas. It also has the blenny appeal plus his elongated body and bright yellow color with blue eyes make quite an effect.

Hes still quite shy but I bet he will be all over the place soon.

IMG_5726.jpg IMG_5745.jpg

BTW Have you seen the other videos I posted featuring the barnacle blenny?

You gotta see him eating fast like a bullet:

In slow motion:

Have a great day.

billandwende

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Great video for sure. I've found very little real world info on these fish. I have only one bi-color blenny in my tank at this time and I'm thinking of adding 5 of these. I'm assuming a 2X feeding schedule will be okay. I feed a mix of mysis, brine, eggs, plankton (looks like mysis and eggs mix), and callanus into the water column. My tank has an okay population of pods so I think that may help.

Tank has been up for 4 years and is 350 gallons. I have no overly aggressive fish other than a jerk of a flame fin tang but is only a jerk to red fish. What are your thoughts? I'm thinking I should just pull the trigger.

Thanks for any input. Also a huge thanks for the videos, Bill

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.7%
Back