OP
OP
BadPanda

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a rookie mistake, I bought a blenny knowing I have a lionfish. The moment the blenny went in my tank, the tank turned into a discovery channel episode. Blenny knows it's being hunted and is very aware but holds it's ground. Didn't have time to remove the blenny but will try tonight or check if my lionfish looks pregnant when I get home. Still looking around for a lettuce nudi but seems to be unavailable at the moment. Will go online if I can't get one by next week.

OP
OP
BadPanda

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm bored top downs. Enjoy. I really like how the middle RFA is actually orange compared with the pic. Only adjust white balance.

20190602_001132.jpg

20190602_001141.jpg

20190602_001152.jpg

20190602_001231.jpg

OP
OP
BadPanda

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On to some good news. Just scored both a WD and SC Orange Passion courtesy of @Rakie for pick up this Thursday. 2020 needs to happen soon so I can get my 100 gallon tank set up. Having a small tank after the SPS bug bites you is really hard. Luckily, I have two slots left on my frag rack for the incoming frags.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good Brian. Space is always a premium. I've got a 45 cube and I've been out of room for a long time. I've got friends with 8x3x2 tanks that are out of room too. Room always seems to be an issue one way or another.

OP
OP
BadPanda

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good Brian. Space is always a premium. I've got a 45 cube and I've been out of room for a long time. I've got friends with 8x3x2 tanks that are out of room too. Room always seems to be an issue one way or another.
Just like the saying, "More money more problems." In this case though, more room for frags :D:D:D:D. The only acro's I'm saving room for now would be a pearlberry and maybe sin city or confetti.

OP
OP
BadPanda

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So some great updates. Picked up both my first WD and Orange passion from @Rakie. He did not disappoint. A little frag but, makes up in price. Also picked up my new ORA Pearlberry thanks to @acropoora. GHA is persistent therefore, I purchased a 1 1/2 bristle tooth tang. Lettuce nudi didn't do anything but lay eggs. First impression of my new tang is like a fat kid at a buffet:D:p:D:p. Went straight for GHA with no hesitation. Lionfish tried to take a piece of tang and luckily decided not to persue. I'll take pics of tang once it's more comfortable. Here's the pics. Of forgot to mention thanks to @Vivid Aquariums for a blank slate acro. It's the pale acro on a square plug. Guy told me to cook and therefore I am. It has some hints of blue and purple but color on polyps yet.

20190618_135533.jpg

20190618_135409.jpg

20190618_135418.jpg

20190618_135431.jpg

20190618_135439.jpg

20190618_135511.jpg

20190618_135516.jpg

20190618_135524.jpg

OP
OP
BadPanda

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad they're doing well Brian! Yeah I've noticed people seem to like smaller frags at lower prices in our area. I can't blame 'em, you know the cost of housing here lol
Oh I completely understand. I actually like it that way. You can really see the difference in growth month after month. In my tank, a 10mm growth is already great after a month.

OP
OP
BadPanda

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a quick update. Tank is now at full capacity until I upgrade again. Introduced another Lamarck Angel two weeks ago. I thought that my original Lamarck was just shy all the time till she found her. Out of no where, the older Lamarck came out of the depths of hell and was really intrigued with the new Lamarck. OG Lamarck started swimming sideways towards the newer Lamarck which I haven't seen before. Only aggression I noticed is during mealtime. OG would sideswipe the newer Lamarck. The rest of the day, I see them swimming along side each other. I do love how the addition of another Lamarck made the OG out more. Accidentally saw my Pearly jawfish chilling in my refugium. I think it likes chaeto more than sand. I've transfered that sucker multiple times already but keep going back. Everyone else is doing fine corals included. I did notice that my SC OP was loose on its plug. I would see it wooble whenever the gyre maxes out. Still not using a protein skimmer. It might or might not correlate but, I think the protein skimmer is too blame for my SPS crash last year with my Nuvo 20. It could've stripped the tank too clean. Regarding clean. I noticed that my GHA has stopped growing. It's still there but has not spread.

Haven't checked any parameters whatsoever for about 6 weeks now. Luckily, they seem to be doing OK still. I kinda knew this would happen due to my work schedule. I might have my LFS check them out while I'm there. Dosing pump is collecting dust but hopefully should be up and running in a week or two. Will be going out of state next month so I have to make sure the doser works before I leave.

Future plans:
Going to purchase another Icecap 1K and place it on the other end. I was really contemplating with a MP10 but can't justify the price. I finally removed my original 1K motor apart after one year and hardly had any build up. No noise even at 80%

Noopsyche LED/T5 hybrid when it becomes available. I really like the tiltable T5's which would really be perfect for my tank. Was going to ATI route with shorter endcaps but I think the Noopsyche would be better. I've also read that the ATI ballast doesn't last long. Should be looking for a better ballast for the Noopsyche too?

No more corals ATM unless something comes up that I'm looking for.

OP
OP
BadPanda

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some great news. Just found out that I'm a lettuce nudi dad. Stuff like this really gives me hope that my tank transfer is doing well and almost thriving. I can't find the mommy nudi though. Sorry for the blurry pic. Phone wouldn't focus enough. it's about 5-6MM currently. All SPS frags are doing well. I had to place my wwc cherry tree monti on a frag tile due increase in growth. I got as a freebie from a local reefer and couldn't be happier. All SPS are encrusting except for both WD and RR OP. My foxflame is outpacing both mentioned SPS. Both are on the highest point with the most flow. Still no secondary gyre and I'll be holding off on the led till I come back from my vacation and when Noopsyche releases their hybrid. I might try acans again. Bought some testers and never seem to make it past week one. If the third acan fails, I'll not consider them afterwards. Also current FTS.

20190716_003733.jpg

20190716_003745.jpg

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some great news. Just found out that I'm a lettuce nudi dad. Stuff like this really gives me hope that my tank transfer is doing well and almost thriving. I can't find the mommy nudi though. Sorry for the blurry pic. Phone wouldn't focus enough. it's about 5-6MM currently. All SPS frags are doing well. I had to place my wwc cherry tree monti on a frag tile due increase in growth. I got as a freebie from a local reefer and couldn't be happier. All SPS are encrusting except for both WD and RR OP. My foxflame is outpacing both mentioned SPS. Both are on the highest point with the most flow. Still no secondary gyre and I'll be holding off on the led till I come back from my vacation and when Noopsyche releases their hybrid. I might try acans again. Bought some testers and never seem to make it past week one. If the third acan fails, I'll not consider them afterwards. Also current FTS.

20190716_003733.jpg

20190716_003745.jpg
Lookin good!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back