joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 3 of these in my tank. Two of them have one magnet on the controller and the other has two magnets. I have the older two programmed through the USB programming. Can the older units be upgraded to two magnet control?
Hi. The old units can be updated but we would ask you to send us the controllers for programming. The fee is $59 per controller. We can turn them around and back to you the same day. But if you already have the USB controller you can add the third pump and have fully linked controllability. Of course it’s easiest to use the twin knob setup. We also send the extra button with each program upgrade.

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you need to still offset the pair with MP40 or something else on the 72" tank or would two suffice?
I would opt for two of the ECM42. One on a tank that size just won’t quite cut it

Ky_acc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ReefStache @joefishUC - how are the ECM42 pumps programmed without the usb kit?

For ex. Could you set to constant flow for a few hours in the morning, have it change to wave mode in the afternoon and then switch to low random flow overnight? Or would the usb add on be required to change modes at set times throughout the day?

don’t know if I can stomach a $1k pump without barebones programmability

OP
OP
ReefStash

ReefStash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@ReefStache @joefishUC - how are the ECM42 pumps programmed without the usb kit?

For ex. Could you set to constant flow for a few hours in the morning, have it change to wave mode in the afternoon and then switch to low random flow overnight? Or would the usb add on be required to change modes at set times throughout the day?

don’t know if I can stomach a $1k pump without barebones programmability
As far as I know it’s a set it and forget it sort of thing. I’m not aware of a timer for modes.

csund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know it’s a set it and forget it sort of thing. I’m not aware of a timer for modes.
That’s vague lol.

I would imagine you would need the usb controller for that. The usb controller is limited in functionality compared to control via ghl. I would opt for two analog in controllers and use either a wave engine, apex or ghl.

davidbone1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put a 63 in a 12 foot tank and FINALLY got the whole bare bottom thing working like it should. Four MP60s couldn't quite do it. Should have started with two 63s from the beginning in retrospect.
When you say getting the whole barebottom thing working like it should. I’m struggling with crap on my bare bottom I have two mp60 on a 78”x30x30 tank I have been looking at panta but so expensive where have you got one ecm63 mounted

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say getting the whole barebottom thing working like it should. I’m struggling with crap on my bare bottom I have two mp60 on a 78”x30x30 tank I have been looking at panta but so expensive where have you got one ecm63 mounted

About 1/3 rd off the bottom blowing along the 12 feet from one corner and it does a much better job keeping the detritus suspended. Less dead spots, better use of the mechanical filtration, clearer water, and only one dead spot to siphon each week. I am running a simple wave program that oscillates up and down from 80 to 30 percent. Here is a crappy video and you can see where I put it, and that it keeps the bottom pretty darn clean. I have not siphoned in five days.

davidbone1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 1/3 rd off the bottom blowing along the 12 feet from one corner and it does a much better job keeping the detritus suspended. Less dead spots, better use of the mechanical filtration, clearer water, and only one dead spot to siphon each week. I am running a simple wave program that oscillates up and down from 80 to 30 percent. Here is a crappy video and you can see where I put it, and that it keeps the bottom pretty darn clean. I have not siphoned in five days.

Can’t see the video pal

Dz1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You on IG? Would love to see videos of them working.

davidbone1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put a 63 in a 12 foot tank and FINALLY got the whole bare bottom thing working like it should. Four MP60s couldn't quite do it. Should have started with two 63s from the beginning in retrospect.
Just one 63 on a 12foot tank I’m struggling with a 61/2 foot tank bare bottom the bottom is just starting to fill with crap can’t get it moving I have two mp60s and it just isn’t doing it

ThaBeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had an ECM 63 for a few years in a 400, worked great! Only complaint was if the power went out it wouldnt restart its program, I had to manually restart on the controller. Has this bug been fixed? I’d be looking at a 42 this time as my current tank is only a 180

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back