PAR Map. I think I need more light.

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrettE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The effect I'm referring to appears to be flashes of light in different colors all around the tank. When I put a difuser on, it went away.
That was my experience also
 
When I add more lights to bring up my PAR, it seems like I should maybe ramp up the level over time? How slowly should I go?
 
The water is about 21” (53 cm) deep. The lights are about 8” (20 cm) above the water.
Just as an experiment - try to take off the diffusers and raise the lights to around 27-30 cm.

See if there’s any disco effect, and check PAR.

Even if it does somewhat mitigate the problem, It’ll likely blind you so you’ll need to solve a different problem.

When I add more lights to bring up my PAR, it seems like I should maybe ramp up the level over time? How slowly should I go?
Depends how big is the difference.
For an increase of 30-50 PAR I wouldn’t do acclimation at all.

For 50-100 - about a week or two, gradual from 70%.

For 100-200 - 3 to 4 weeks, gradual from 60%.
 
When I add more lights to bring up my PAR, it seems like I should maybe ramp up the level over time? How slowly should I go?
I did 1% per day intensity increase from 70% to 100%.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new