Paragon Reef

stinger303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know when paragonreef.com will be be back online?

I just signed up for a membership a few days ago and now the website has been down for several days.

Don't know how to contact them?

@AquaLocker any ideas? @fi

Thanks

jknorr23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea when it’s coming back, but I’m in the same position. Pretty disappointing having to pay a fee just to see what’s available and then having the whole site be offline this long. Hopefully we get some clarity soon.

jmags080307

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i messaged them a few hours ago on here and have heard nothing back. when i signed up and had questions on friday i heard back pretty much immediately. @AquaLocker

TinaJavelina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I've got concerns too! I just signed up on Friday and haven't been able to browse the store since. Disappointing. I ended up ordering from another site on Sunday.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I dont know what is going on, it has been down for multiple days now. I have tried calling too and havent gotten anyone.

Jdubs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven’t seen yet go to the site again. Looks like the wholesalers shut them down!!

TinaJavelina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like they are shut down for good. Before most people could even order anything, probably. That sucks. I wonder how much money they made off of the subscriptions that are now all defunct? It's not like I'm sweating 99 cents or $4.99. I just wonder...

Awesome Dennis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1px.png
35d758377a7ff213e772f96780876625.jpeg
1px.png
1px.png
b0307822b96150690d49291a137e9ef7.jpeg
1px.png
1px.png
fb71353dd9db1f92c89433ea5d873992.png
1px.png
1px.png
On Thursday January, 30th 2020 we launched ParagonReef.com. This was our third site and it offered what we named Wholesale Plus™ to everyone. This is a concept we have been talking about for over a year. We thought it was good idea, but we had no idea how popular it was going to be nor did we anticipate that it would put us at odds with our wholesaler and fish stores nationally.
PLEASE NOTE: We are NOT a wholesaler nor are we owned or controlled by any wholesaler - we do not import the livestock ourselves - we buy from existing wholesalers who, like all other large US wholesalers sell to both local fish stores and online websites. Despite the perception of some, our wholesaler was not involved in the development and launch of Paragon Reef and didn’t know about it until their retail brick and mortar store customers began screaming.
By introducing Paragon Reef, we thought we had finally worked out a way for everyone to get livestock and goods under a new pricing model where customers only pay what it actually costs to pack and ship livestock and dry goods. The Plus part of Wholesale Plus™ was what enabled us to offer people the ability to have an Arrive Alive, 7 or 14 day guarantee and allow local fish stores to offer these same benefits to their customers.
Sadly, those with much more influence in the industry and deeper pockets than ours felt threatened by this and we have been forced us to shut our doors. Just to be very clear, it is not the wholesalers fault that we are closing!
We believe that capitalism should let the market find the correct price for products. Lower prices means more people in our hobby. That means more people pushing for better quality products, healthier livestock and more livestock that is captive-bred. Captive-bred livestock are typically cheaper to raise and sell too. The impact on the environment is much lower and they should be pennies vs dollars against wild caught livestock. All this should be driving the prices down, not up.
If you have an account, you need to go to Paragon Reef. The memberships are still in place, but if you have one, you will need to cancel that membership before it renews.
We are not, and never have been, a big company and have only ever operated with a hand full of employees over the entire time we've been in business. We do not have the resources to fight this battle and stay in business. We are now taking the following step:
  • All websites are no longer taking new orders, effective immediately. Please do NOT place any new orders as we cannot do anything with the order. We are working with potential investors to raise the money needed to operate in a manner in which we have more control over the livestock and pricing. This would include importing our own livestock, investing in the raising of our own captive-bred animals, and quarantining as much livestock at possible.
If you have an outstanding order with us and can wait until we can reorganize, please do so. We want to ensure that each and every one of our customers are taken care of.
If you or someone you know wishes to invest, buy company assets or partner with us, please get in touch with us via our contact page.
Additionally, our staff has committed to staying on as long as possible, but given the deep investment we made in building Paragon Reef we only have a few weeks of payroll left. Should we get to the point that we need to close everything and file to restructure, we will let you know right away.

Staff Who Will Need a Job If This Happens
Our Website Technology staff - If you like the website and know a company who could benefit from some amazing Web development skills, please pass our name along.
Our Marketing staff - This include social media, blog writing, general articles and company marketing.
Our Customer support staff - This includes Jen with whom most of you have had the opportunity to work with over the last few years. She's been the face of the company and is awesome at customer service and any other task we have thrown at her.
Our Research and writing staff - We have several staff members who have done research for us including work related to mergers and acquisitions.
Please reach out to us via our contact page and we will put you in touch with the appropriate people.
Sincerely,
AquaLocker.com
FishyBusinessAquatics.com
ParagonReef.com

JoshB94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Self-interested retailers were scared of pricing competition and had it shut it down. Super unfortunate that the hobby and its access is being held back by those motivated by more money and less competition... This would have been a great model, hopefully it catches on and hobbyists realize that retailers are fighting back to keep charging more.

E's Reef Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have "had" a store credit to AquaLocker that was never used. Anyone out there know if there is anything i can do to get my money back?

hizbaby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, here's my problem, and any advice is greatly appreciated! I too did the $4.99 for a looksee, then was told by AquaLocker ( via email, same day as sign up) I had been issued a $4.00 credit, which either way, i'm not sweating... My concern is the email advised us all to go to Paragon to cancel memberships so there would be no future billing, but there is NO ACCESS when I go there, also sent AL an email to this effect which comes back as non-deliverable to ANY of the contact info I have for them, all 3 entities.
I certainly DO NOT want to have recurring charges for any service, especially one I can't use! Thanx in advance!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back