Parameter confusion!

wifeofking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank has been running swimmingly (Pune!) no issues at all then all of a sudden I had 0 nitrates and weirdly behaving clowns.
Took my water sample to the LFS picture for results. This was 9 days ago.
They told me to use Dr Tim’s all in one and Prime. My usual LFS wasn’t open on this day but the following day I spoke to them. They went overly thrilled I used Dr Timms (they don’t seem to like it). Said wait a few days if result don’t improve do water change. I did this 3 days ago.
Today results are….
Salinity 1.025
Amm 0.25
KH 9.9
Phos 0.1/0.25 (hard to tell on chart)
Rites 0.25
Rates 100!!!!
Tank is 200 litre (45g) clear water no algae good CUC, every other day copepods go in, one zoa looks sorry for itself but other wise 5 other soft corals all good and growing. Sand is white! Fish behaving “normal”. Feed alternate days marine flakes/frozen.
It’s like it’s gone into a mini cycle but I can’t understand why.
I can only see 7 of the 12 snails so maybe some dead somewhere causing it?
I have been dosing with Modern Reef biodiversity since the beginning (did pause when putting dr timms in!).
Would you guys use prime or not?

IMG_2606.jpeg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So LFS was suggesting you have an ammonia issue and sold you Dr Tim's, which works slower than some competitors, and Prime which does not work as stated. Not a trustworthy saltwater LFS imo.

False ammonia positive is not uncommon and clowns are weird sometimes. Other livestock being fine suggests this isn't an ammonia issue.

OP
OP
W

wifeofking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So LFS was suggesting you have an ammonia issue and sold you Dr Tim's, which works slower than some competitors, and Prime which does not work as stated. Not a trustworthy saltwater LFS imo.

False ammonia positive is not uncommon and clowns are weird sometimes. Other livestock being fine suggests this isn't an ammonia issue.
I’m beginning to think this! My normal LFS are a very small shop been going years and very into do things as natural as possible which is what I like. Unfortunately they weren’t open on this day and I think I started to panic!
My toadstool I brought 4 weeks ago and he’s alittle sulking never really shows his polyps well 1/3 and effort for 5 hours a day. One blue hornet Zoa not really showing themselves either (just moved position today to see if this helps) the rest all good!

Attachments

• IMG_2612.jpeg
    IMG_2612.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
W

wifeofking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m beginning to think this! My normal LFS are a very small shop been going years and very into do things as natural as possible which is what I like. Unfortunately they weren’t open on this day and I think I started to panic!
My toadstool I brought 4 weeks ago and he’s alittle sulking never really shows his polyps well 1/3 and effort for 5 hours a day. One blue hornet Zoa not really showing themselves either (just moved position today to see if this helps) the rest all good!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 4

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back