Parameters help

homesy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi don't often post due to people rather attack than help in most forums but I am very confused with my readings. my 13.5 evo has been running 20days now I started with dry rock and sand used atm colony and 2 clowns everything was fine I have a seachem alert and tested for nh3 but never really had any no2 and 3 slowly raised over a few weeks but in the last week its spiked my latest reading are
Temp 25c
Ph 7.6
Nh3 0.08 but the alert has not changed
No2 0.08
No3 40 ppm doubled in a week
Sg 1.025
Kh 6.5
Cal 510
Mg 1400
Po4 0.6

Last 10-15%wc was yesterday and had no change I feed the clowns every other day misys and other frozen food but I can get 4 or 5 feeds out of one cube I have started dosing 2.5m of bactor 7 over the last few days see if that helps but no change

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi don't often post due to people rather attack than help in most forums but I am very confused with my readings. my 13.5 evo has been running 20days now I started with dry rock and sand used atm colony and 2 clowns everything was fine I have a seachem alert and tested for nh3 but never really had any no2 and 3 slowly raised over a few weeks but in the last week its spiked my latest reading are
Temp 25c
Ph 7.6
Nh3 0.08 but the alert has not changed
No2 0.08
No3 40 ppm doubled in a week
Sg 1.025
Kh 6.5
Cal 510
Mg 1400
Po4 0.6

Last 10-15%wc was yesterday and had no change I feed the clowns every other day misys and other frozen food but I can get 4 or 5 feeds out of one cube I have started dosing 2.5m of bactor 7 over the last few days see if that helps but no change
What is ”used atm colony”?

Upvote 0

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what parameters do you want to change and why? Everything looks ok, and 20 days is really nothing to a new tank, your tank is going through a lot of changes that we can't test for. I wouldn't hold back any feedings, or try to chase numbers at this point.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

homesy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what parameters do you want to change and why? Everything looks ok, and 20 days is really nothing to a new tank, your tank is going through a lot of changes that we can't test for. I wouldn't hold back any feedings, or try to chase numbers at this point.
I am not trying to chase any numbers really just want to make sure it's OK and normal everything I have researched says them numbers are through the roof and lfs said I can't add any more stock until no2 is 0. Also not sure if doing wc is helping g or making it worse as alot of posts say don't do any and let it balance its self out but others say do 50% to bring numbers down

Upvote 0

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KH is low….go 8-12 wherever you wish.
Phosphate is very high, maybe you mean 0.06ppm which would be spot on.
Keep them very stable.

Upvote 0

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not trying to chase any numbers really just want to make sure it's OK and normal everything I have researched says them numbers are through the roof and lfs said I can't add any more stock until no2 is 0. Also not sure if doing wc is helping g or making it worse as alot of posts say don't do any and let it balance its self out but others say do 50% to bring numbers down
For me it looks fine for a new tank. I like to keep my No3 at about 10-20 , so at 40 I would be thinking about when to do the next water change.

If using an alert badge or API test for ammonia, then I would say don't worry about it. The tank is cycled, and some test kits always show a trace amount of ammonia.

For your size tank, I would still wait at least 3 weeks since you added the clowns to get your next fish, give your system time to catch up to the increased bioload before adding more bioload. I wouldn't add more than one more fish in that tank, its a small tank, 3 is kind of the max

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

homesy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it looks fine for a new tank. I like to keep my No3 at about 10-20 , so at 40 I would be thinking about when to do the next water change.

If using an alert badge or API test for ammonia, then I would say don't worry about it. The tank is cycled, and some test kits always show a trace amount of ammonia.

For your size tank, I would still wait at least 3 weeks since you added the clowns to get your next fish, give your system time to catch up to the increased bioload before adding more bioload. I wouldn't add more than one more fish in that tank, its a small tank, 3 is kind of the max
Ok thanks for the reassurance I am going to buy a few bags of copeods in the morning possibly a few more cuc to prepare for the ugly stage that's comming. Would you still be doing weekly wc or hold off for now and skip one

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back