Parasite?

PbMan26

Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, new bristle tooth tang in QT. Seems like abnormal behavior to me... earlier he was posted up in front of the power head but now he is nosing the glass. No signs of spots on him yet.

Does this look like the behavior of a fish with the start of a parasite? Ich or velvet maybe?

Attachments

• 20220729_191501.mp4
    45 MB

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal behavior for a new fish introduced into a sterile qt. I asse you've only had him a day or two? Are you using the copper protocol?

OP
OP
PbMan26

PbMan26

Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal behavior for a new fish introduced into a sterile qt. I asse you've only had him a day or two? Are you using the copper protocol?
Yea this is day 2. I'm adding copper tonight.

He hasn't eaten yet and behavior seemed strange.

Thanks for the feedback! Hopefully it's nothing.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey all, new bristle tooth tang in QT. Seems like abnormal behavior to me... earlier he was posted up in front of the power head but now he is nosing the glass. No signs of spots on him yet.

Does this look like the behavior of a fish with the start of a parasite? Ich or velvet maybe?
Yjere is no pre-parasite behavior other than itching or rapid breating and loss of appetite. Tang seems normal and likely playing with its reflection from glass.
Hanging in front of power heeads oftens suggests velvet and at this point keep an eye on the fish.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back