Parasites on my GSP ??

tyreefkeeper

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2023
Messages
120
Reaction score
52
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
17257531985906987883201619324425.jpg
Today I noticed some weird white thing on my gsp. I'm quite new to coral so I don't have much experience with parasites. I brushed some off gently with a toothbrush
and they fell off the coral but didn't move.
 
The pic is too blurry to really see them. If possible, remove the coral and dip in Coral Rx or similar coral dip. Most parasites will fall off and kind of have a seizure of sorts. This will let you get a close up view/photo of the dead bugs (if they are indeed bugs), and will remove them from the coral. After identifying them, we can help you figure out any next steps to prevent spread, if necessary.
 
Upvote 0
Too blurry for me to tell. Are you able to post more clear pictures?
 
Upvote 0

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new