Paul Eisenbarth's (Damac20) reef

  • Thread starter Thread starter gparr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
2,137
Reaction score
20
Location
NW Chicago Suburbs
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the true highlights of my recent trip to Orlando was visiting Paul Eisenbarth (Damac20). We had a very enjoyable evening of reef conversation and I enjoyed viewing/photographing his reef. Paul's clowns had recently laid eggs for the first time and they were positioned such that I could attempt some photographs. I'm still excited about the results. The male was cleaning the eggs, as males are programmed to do. I was able to set up the camera and focus on the eggs. I then waited for the mail to appear in the frame in tripped the shutter. Had a few misses, but got a couple of good ones.

These two shots are full frame. The first shot was done vertically. I cropped the excess off of the top, but the fish and eggs are the full width of the frame. The second shot was done horizontally. I cropped the excess body from the right because the white strip was distracting. In other words, I was able to get extremely "close."
Gary

paulclowneggs01.jpg


paulclowneggs02.jpg
 
That has to be one of the best if not the best shot ever!!
 
I wish my tank looked that good through my eyes! I don't know if I told you Gary but the fry hatched that evening after you left. They have already laid another batch and appear to be ready to hatch again! Lots of love going around in here.
 
Beautiful pics as always Gary. Those fry are amazing!
 
Insane Gary, I think this is one of your best threads. Can we get some more shots from this tank?
 
Thanks to all. Reefer, this is the extent of good shots I got out of Paul's tank. Probably spent too much time photographing eggs. ;)
Gary
 
Awesome shots! Next time drive a little farther north and take pictures of my tanks! lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new