Paul's 220 gallon build

pdt7361

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months ago I posted on here about my upcoming 180g system. Well after some negotiating with a local reefer I was able to get a 220g system for a phenomenal price.
My wife and I will close on our new house on June 22, so that will be the actual day the tank goes up. Until then I'm working on finalizing a few missing pieces and trying to figure out where I'll want it in the new house. Here is a pic of the tank, stand, and canopy from the seller when she had it up.
rps20170514_193730.jpg

OP
OP
P

pdt7361

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can see that the stand was custom done to make it nice and tall. I got the tank, stand, and canopy for only $600.

OP
OP
P

pdt7361

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the same seller I picked up a like new Reef Octopus 200 INT and 3 Radions XR30W Gen 3. I can't decide if I want to keep the Radions though. I got then SUPER cheap and they are in perfect condition. So my choice is resell them and replace with a T5 LED combo (Probably 4 T5s with 3 SB Reef Lights 16" Extreme Wi-Fi in the middle) or just keep the Radions...thoughts?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From the same seller I picked up a like new Reef Octopus 200 INT and 3 Radions XR30W Gen 3. I can't decide if I want to keep the Radions though. I got then SUPER cheap and they are in perfect condition. So my choice is resell them and replace with a T5 LED combo (Probably 4 T5s with 3 SB Reef Lights 16" Extreme Wi-Fi in the middle) or just keep the Radions...thoughts?
I love my Gen3's, so I'd say keep 'em!

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say that price is a steal. Congrats.
I'm still a MH person but I'm also getting good results with different LEDs I have on my frag tanks and a Cube I'm running. As tank has a Canopy I would suggest adding a couple of lines of LEDs one in front and one in back of the Radions Add 1-2 more lines if you can fit them.
The combination LED T5 would be very nice and you could play with lots of colors, shimmer, intensity options.
I have recently seen a large tank running with Radion G3s and was very impressed with growth and colors they're getting (literaly SPS growing on dand bed even in shaded areas) that was a game changer to me I guess. They also upgraded to G4s now so we'll see the results. take some time to know how to run LEDs the best way a tank needs but it's been done.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back