Pavona dying?

BRS

tingo.bingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My semi-new (2 month old) pavona cactus doesn't look good! Is this algae growing on it? It's low in tank (but high light) and has direct flow with random wave Red Sea Reef Wave 45.

Should I scrub algae off with tooth brush and move higher? Maybe stronger flow?

Tank parameters below.

IMG_2097.jpg

Salinity 1.025
Temp 76.9
ph 8.15
Alk 8.3
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 2.5
Phosphate 0
Calcium 465
Mag 1360

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Smooth skin pavona(mine happens to be an ORA mint chip pavona), I have one too along with a hairy pavona like the poster above me mentioned.

Hard to tell in the mostly blue pic to be honest. Can you get pic in whiter lighting?

OP
T

tingo.bingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Smooth skin pavona(mine happens to be an ORA mint chip pavona), I have one too along with a hairy pavona like the poster above me mentioned.

Hard to tell in the mostly blue pic to be honest. Can you get pic in whiter lighting?

I run two AI Prime 16s. I downloaded a preset from their website. Should I crank something up?

IMG_0B386C838733-1.jpeg

Avast

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Potato chip.like high to med.light and.flow.
Move.it.up
.turn.some.flow.up.

Check salinity and alk. Thanks
D
I would have to agree with this for the most part. Mine prefers high light and moderate flow. They do not have "polyps" so they rely on the flow to blow detritus off them.

KC's CNC Creations

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I run two AI Prime 16s. I downloaded a preset from their website. Should I crank something up?

IMG_0B386C838733-1.jpeg
if you're looking to just take a pic, on the home screen select LIGHTS ON and then select a time from the drop down (1 min will work for a quick pic) then it'll automatically fall back to the schedule.

Zoanthids
Fritz
OP
T

tingo.bingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
if you're looking to just take a pic, on the home screen select LIGHTS ON and then select a time from the drop down (1 min will work for a quick pic) then it'll automatically fall back to the schedule.

Odd, did what you said and the image is still somewhat blue. You can still see the algae on the coral... hopefully he fights back a bit with more flow and light?

I moved him as high as he'll go and in front of my reef wave. The reef wave is vertical as it seems almost TOO powerful at the top of the tank. iPhone 11.

IMG_2099.jpg

Zoanthids
BRS

When is the last time you purchased cleanup crew critters?

• Past few days

Votes: 62 12.2%
  • Past few weeks

Votes: 135 26.6%
  • Past few months

Votes: 163 32.1%
  • Over a half a year

Votes: 73 14.4%
  • Over a year ago

Votes: 71 14.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 0.8%