Pavona sweepers

  • Thread starter Thread starter uhgster1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

uhgster1

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2015
Messages
993
Reaction score
1,535
Location
Clarksville, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not know these coral had sweeper tentacles! By the time I got a picture the ones you see here had retracted about an inch. Are these coral known for aggressiveness or are they weak punchers? There’s nothing super valuable next to it but it will influence any future frag placements.
C44B6F81-AD70-431F-81E5-A3E518F3F942.jpeg
 
Pretty aggressive I have some at my base rock and it has 6in sweeper tentacles. Keep things away and you will be fine
 
Be careful with these. Super aggressive and will overgrow literally anything. Virtually impossibly to completely kill as well. I innocently put a small frag in years ago which has literally yielded several square feet, yes feet of growth. Be prepared to move or nuke it if you plan on putting valuable corals anywhere near it. Sweepers up to 3-4” are totally the norm as well.
 
May be tough to see in the photo but this started as a speck on a rock and has completely overgrown a 6+” monti dig colony and a 10” Acropora secale.

59F9436A-2E82-4EF6-B1C1-DC2CF46863E2.jpeg
 
It’s under the yellow tails obviously, only photo I have
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new