Paying it forward

  • Thread starter Thread starter gar732
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
2,401
Reaction score
400
Location
CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently moved and lost almost the entire contents of my tank in the process. I went from planning a possible upgrade to debating just getting out of the hobby entirely. A hand full of corals did make it and the wife convinced me to keep the tank up. What was left was finally looking good so I decided to trade my last few clowns from my breeding project to try and get the tank looking a little less empty.

What happened next reminded me of one of the best parts of the hobby. I don't think you can find a more generous group of people in any other hobby. A couple people offered to trade which was the help I was looking for and I'm very thankful for the trades but a couple of reefers offered to help me out by donating corals without expecting anything in return. I'd like to thank Ray, Mason, and Pat for being so generous and helping a brother out when they didn't have to.

So the moral of the story is to help your your fellow reefers out when you get the chance, pay it forward. That being said I will be giving away a couple of clowns as soon as I figure out what is left. Thanks everyone.
 
Yeah Ray is great, he's taken care of a lot of locals. Guys like him are the ones that make this community what it is.
 
I have some stuff is be willing to give you if your still in need. I'm in Plainfield ct. I have large zoa colony, fist size, some Duncan's and sure I can find other things.
 
that's the beauty of the club great place for information and support
 
I have some stuff is be willing to give you if your still in need. I'm in Plainfield ct. I have large zoa colony, fist size, some Duncan's and sure I can find other things.

I really appreciate the offer, at this point I've gotten so much from people I feel that if I take any more I'd be being greedy. If you are interested in some clowns I'd feel better about it.
 
that's the beauty of the club great place for information and support

Definately, I've seen it many times when someone needs a hand all they need to do is ask and multiple people alway step up.
 
To follow up with what gar and others have said the members of this club really help each other out. Last year I was away on business and the trip got extended and I was in a panic about the tank. A couple quick texts to other members had everything resolved.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new