Paying it forward

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently moved and lost almost the entire contents of my tank in the process. I went from planning a possible upgrade to debating just getting out of the hobby entirely. A hand full of corals did make it and the wife convinced me to keep the tank up. What was left was finally looking good so I decided to trade my last few clowns from my breeding project to try and get the tank looking a little less empty.

What happened next reminded me of one of the best parts of the hobby. I don't think you can find a more generous group of people in any other hobby. A couple people offered to trade which was the help I was looking for and I'm very thankful for the trades but a couple of reefers offered to help me out by donating corals without expecting anything in return. I'd like to thank Ray, Mason, and Pat for being so generous and helping a brother out when they didn't have to.

So the moral of the story is to help your your fellow reefers out when you get the chance, pay it forward. That being said I will be giving away a couple of clowns as soon as I figure out what is left. Thanks everyone.

OP
OP
gar732

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Ray is great, he's taken care of a lot of locals. Guys like him are the ones that make this community what it is.

Kvinal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some stuff is be willing to give you if your still in need. I'm in Plainfield ct. I have large zoa colony, fist size, some Duncan's and sure I can find other things.

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's the beauty of the club great place for information and support

OP
OP
gar732

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some stuff is be willing to give you if your still in need. I'm in Plainfield ct. I have large zoa colony, fist size, some Duncan's and sure I can find other things.

I really appreciate the offer, at this point I've gotten so much from people I feel that if I take any more I'd be being greedy. If you are interested in some clowns I'd feel better about it.

OP
OP
gar732

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's the beauty of the club great place for information and support

Definately, I've seen it many times when someone needs a hand all they need to do is ask and multiple people alway step up.

firstlight10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To follow up with what gar and others have said the members of this club really help each other out. Last year I was away on business and the trip got extended and I was in a panic about the tank. A couple quick texts to other members had everything resolved.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back