Paying It Forward

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more these AWESOME fellow reefers of R2R help me out, and they have helped me out a bunch, the more I try and help out others. I have been helped out by #mods, #reefsquad, and many many other reefers who don't have a hashtag. They don't get any financial assistance for helping me and others out. They do it because they love to help other newbie reefers out. Its funny, me calling myself a newbie, in most cases a year in would constitute you moving to the next level, but in reefing it just means you are a year closer to not being a newbie, LOL!!!

This is why I started this thread. As we all learn and gain knowledge we can pass this on and help each other out. This is what makes R2R so great. So as someone helps us out, lets pay it forward and help another person out. It doesn't have to be knowledge, it can be in the form of support. We have all had a tank crash, or lost a coral or fish we loved. So again, lets pay it forward.

Thanks R2R

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of aquarium forums have been bad experiences for me. Here there's a real since of community. I enjoy all the positivity.
If it wasn't for this forum I may not be in this hobby still, having gone thru a crash myself and loosing everything. It was the support and help that got me thru it, and I plan on helping as many others get thru it as well. This is a great hobby and we can learn and progress thru each others experiences.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of aquarium forums have been bad experiences for me. Here there's a real since of community. I enjoy all the positivity.

Couldn't agree more. The R2R community is by far the friendliest, most responsive group of enthusiasts I've ever had the privilege to be a part of. If I can contribute just a little bit, and maybe help someone out, I absolutely will.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it wasn't for this forum I may not be in this hobby still, having gone thru a crash myself and loosing everything. It was the support and help that got me thru it, and I plan on helping as many others get thru it as well. This is a great hobby and we can learn and progress thru each others experiences.

Not to mention just coming home from a bad day at work and getting on this forum and it bringing a smile to my face.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to mention just coming home from a bad day at work and getting on this forum and it bringing a smile to my face.

DITTO!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The more these AWESOME fellow reefers of R2R help me out, and they have helped me out a bunch, the more I try and help out others. I have been helped out by #mods, #reefsquad, and many many other reefers who don't have a hashtag. They don't get any financial assistance for helping me and others out. They do it because they love to help other newbie reefers out. Its funny, me calling myself a newbie, in most cases a year in would constitute you moving to the next level, but in reefing it just means you are a year closer to not being a newbie, LOL!!!

This is why I started this thread. As we all learn and gain knowledge we can pass this on and help each other out. This is what makes R2R so great. So as someone helps us out, lets pay it forward and help another person out. It doesn't have to be knowledge, it can be in the form of support. We have all had a tank crash, or lost a coral or fish we loved. So again, lets pay it forward.

Thanks R2R

Awesome!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Made my day!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Thanks R2R

This is a great point and a great post! There are lots of great ways to pass it forward - certainly helping fellow reefers here on R2R is an excellent way. Additionally, you can volunteer at local aquariums or nature centers, help a local school or nature center setup and maintain an aquarium, volunteer at eco event or coastal/lake/river cleanup events, engage with your local reef club, being a mentor or mentor (or both), redirecting used equipment, fish, or other livestock that you come across (but may not be able to use), offering extra frags at low cost/no cost to others (especially those who are new or less fortunate), and so much more. In case you're wondering why I included river and lake cleanups on a reef forum - don't forget most water ends in the ocean eventually.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Said , Billdg I feel the same. A great group of People ! Where else could one go with this many members & no arguments ?

I'm actually humbled. I thought I knew plenty . Well that certainly isn't the case . I have learned so much in the few years I have been here.

Last edited:

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here here no other forum has been close to the feeling I get here of family

0C57C052-E34E-430E-AC5D-D4B35B9FDE11.jpeg

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Said , Billdg I feel the same. A great group of People ! Where else could one go with this many members & no arguments ?

I'm actually humbled. I thought I knew plenty . Well that certainly isn't the case . I have learned so much in the few years I have been here.
I have a saying that I live by, the more I learn the less I know. I use this at work and now in reefing.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m busier than ever so you see less and less of me right now but that won’t be forever, it’ll slow down a bit at work again. I still ensure I am on here at least twice a day. Thank you all for the help you’ve provided me as well.

This is the greatest community ever!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it is ok to dive in and post this gif that pretty well describes my current experience with Reefing.

Always a noobie
bad jump.gif
And HOPEFULLY, LOL, this forum will keep us all from doing that very thing.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back