Pearl eye Clarkii - yay or nay?

Pete Paschall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that Clarkii clownfish don't have the best reputation, but I saw this guy yesterday and brought him home. Currently in QT, and hoping to add him to the DT, but don't want to disrupt the community. I actually removed a bonded pair of perculas, because they stayed at the back of the tank and were seldom seen. I have 2 RBTAs, hoping he might like to make one of them his home, and the stocking is:

- 1 two spot bristletooth tang
- 1 yellow mimic tang
- 1 leopard wrasse
- 1 blue star leopard wrasse
- 1 pygmy possum wrasse
- 1 flame hawkfish
- 1 bi-color blennie
- 1 purple firefish
- 2 blue/green chromis
- 1 azure damsel

Tank is 100 gallons. Do you think the Clarkii will cause problems? He's such a cool fish that I'd like to think that by adding him last, he will mind his manners.

IMG_0521.jpg IMG_0522.jpg

jaxredsoxfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I dont have particular experience with Clarkis I did have a 4 inch maroon at one time (died of old age I think after 8 years). I think you have a shot at it working out because of introducing him last and having host anemone. Id give it a go. Good luck

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they can be territorial. With just one and no eggs you will be ok. If he hosts the nems he won't stray far. Good luck.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 100 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.3%
Back