Pectinia Frag

j.register3

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2020
Messages
69
Reaction score
88
Location
Marin County
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I’m new to owning Pectinia. Interested in the way this one is growing, which is why I bought it. Curious if anyone experienced with fragging these guys or growing them, knows if this one may morph together into one organism or if it could/should be fragged into 2? Thanks in advance!
831A1ADA-8180-4366-8811-41FFBB6C7FC7.jpeg
794A7446-5965-4C57-BA0C-4A2C4E649825.jpeg
 
I'm haven't fragged mine, but I'm guessing as long as you include a mouth with each cut you're fine. The growth pattern of these guys is unique and they'll probably collide and become even more oddly shaped. Growth is consistent, but not quick in my tank. I believe I have mine in higher flow and light than are recommended for space invaders, but it doesn't seem to mind. The sweepers can be dangerous. They will dominate that rock within 6 months for sure.
 
Very cool piece! Looks like a parent and child chilling on the reef :p I have mine in lower light and low flow at the moment and haven’t really seen many stingers at night. The rainbow pectinia is a whole other story with 6” stingers:oops:.
 
I'm haven't fragged mine, but I'm guessing as long as you include a mouth with each cut you're fine. The growth pattern of these guys is unique and they'll probably collide and become even more oddly shaped. Growth is consistent, but not quick in my tank. I believe I have mine in higher flow and light than are recommended for space invaders, but it doesn't seem to mind. The sweepers can be dangerous. They will dominate that rock within 6 months for sure.
Thanks for you input! I’m looking forward to when it does take over. It’s quickly become one of my favorite corals for sheer uniqueness.
 
Very cool piece! Looks like a parent and child chilling on the reef :p I have mine in lower light and low flow at the moment and haven’t really seen many stingers at night. The rainbow pectinia is a whole other story with 6” stingers:oops:.
That’s what I was thinking too haha & I actually don’t mind the sweepers. I’m sure I will when it gets larger, but what a display they put on!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new