Pectinia Frag

j.register3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I’m new to owning Pectinia. Interested in the way this one is growing, which is why I bought it. Curious if anyone experienced with fragging these guys or growing them, knows if this one may morph together into one organism or if it could/should be fragged into 2? Thanks in advance!
831A1ADA-8180-4366-8811-41FFBB6C7FC7.jpeg
794A7446-5965-4C57-BA0C-4A2C4E649825.jpeg

MaxxuM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm haven't fragged mine, but I'm guessing as long as you include a mouth with each cut you're fine. The growth pattern of these guys is unique and they'll probably collide and become even more oddly shaped. Growth is consistent, but not quick in my tank. I believe I have mine in higher flow and light than are recommended for space invaders, but it doesn't seem to mind. The sweepers can be dangerous. They will dominate that rock within 6 months for sure.

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool piece! Looks like a parent and child chilling on the reef :p I have mine in lower light and low flow at the moment and haven’t really seen many stingers at night. The rainbow pectinia is a whole other story with 6” stingers:oops:.

OP
OP
j.register3

j.register3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm haven't fragged mine, but I'm guessing as long as you include a mouth with each cut you're fine. The growth pattern of these guys is unique and they'll probably collide and become even more oddly shaped. Growth is consistent, but not quick in my tank. I believe I have mine in higher flow and light than are recommended for space invaders, but it doesn't seem to mind. The sweepers can be dangerous. They will dominate that rock within 6 months for sure.
Thanks for you input! I’m looking forward to when it does take over. It’s quickly become one of my favorite corals for sheer uniqueness.

OP
OP
j.register3

j.register3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool piece! Looks like a parent and child chilling on the reef :p I have mine in lower light and low flow at the moment and haven’t really seen many stingers at night. The rainbow pectinia is a whole other story with 6” stingers:oops:.
That’s what I was thinking too haha & I actually don’t mind the sweepers. I’m sure I will when it gets larger, but what a display they put on!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back