Pedastal type stand for 75 gallon

  • Thread starter Thread starter jfaqua
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jfaqua

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2023
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Usa
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Building a stand for 75 gallon rimmed tank. The base of the bottom of the stand has to be 6 inches shorter than the length of the actual aquarium due to the location of a hvac vent and a window sill. Basically each end of the tank will be longer than / "overhang" the bottom of the stand x 3 inches. Width is no problem. Can i get around this by having the top of the pedastal being made out of a piece, or two on top of each other, of 3/4 plywood cut to the size of the tank and then center that on the pedastal stand? Stand will be built with 2 2×4 supports in each corner and 2x6 supports in the middle of the front and back (following most of the plans on YouTube/ etc.) And probably overkill with the 2x6s but I had the wood from a prior project.
 
To clarify the image I grabbed from rocketengineer - currently all those parts are 2x4.
 
Last edited:
Used rocketengineers base design with 2 x 6's added as center supports (and a place to connect doors to) in the center of the front and back. Stand is same width as aquarium but 6 inches shorter (stand is 42 inches long while the aquarium is 48 inches long). I can adjust the top frame to be the same width as aquarium if need be, but cannot adjust the bottom.
 
Last edited:
Here is the plan I followed
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20230919_111050_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230919_111050_Chrome.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 83
Used rocketengineers base design with 2 x 6's added as center supports (and a place to connect doors to) in the center of the front and back. Stand is same width as aquarium but 6 inches shorter (stand is 42 inches long while the aquarium is 48 inches long). I can adjust the top frame to be the same width as aquarium if need be, but cannot adjust the

Here is the plan I followed
I could also attach these to the bottom of the plywood top and the stand (I'd have to make the plywood an inch or two longer than the stand).
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20230919_112902_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230919_112902_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 51

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new