Pedastal type stand for 75 gallon

jfaqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Building a stand for 75 gallon rimmed tank. The base of the bottom of the stand has to be 6 inches shorter than the length of the actual aquarium due to the location of a hvac vent and a window sill. Basically each end of the tank will be longer than / "overhang" the bottom of the stand x 3 inches. Width is no problem. Can i get around this by having the top of the pedastal being made out of a piece, or two on top of each other, of 3/4 plywood cut to the size of the tank and then center that on the pedastal stand? Stand will be built with 2 2×4 supports in each corner and 2x6 supports in the middle of the front and back (following most of the plans on YouTube/ etc.) And probably overkill with the 2x6s but I had the wood from a prior project.

OP
OP
J

jfaqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To clarify the image I grabbed from rocketengineer - currently all those parts are 2x4.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jfaqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used rocketengineers base design with 2 x 6's added as center supports (and a place to connect doors to) in the center of the front and back. Stand is same width as aquarium but 6 inches shorter (stand is 42 inches long while the aquarium is 48 inches long). I can adjust the top frame to be the same width as aquarium if need be, but cannot adjust the bottom.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jfaqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the plan I followed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230919_111050_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230919_111050_Chrome.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
J

jfaqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used rocketengineers base design with 2 x 6's added as center supports (and a place to connect doors to) in the center of the front and back. Stand is same width as aquarium but 6 inches shorter (stand is 42 inches long while the aquarium is 48 inches long). I can adjust the top frame to be the same width as aquarium if need be, but cannot adjust the

Here is the plan I followed
I could also attach these to the bottom of the plywood top and the stand (I'd have to make the plywood an inch or two longer than the stand).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230919_112902_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230919_112902_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 32

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back