Pederson shrimp in danger??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sosuke
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2019
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
1,054
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a pederson shrimp off of LA and it came this morning, it was extremely small and I am worried it will get eaten by my clownfish (it is like 1/2 of an inch) I don't want my clownfish to get a $40 meal. Thanks
 
You could quarenteen it until it grows out. Or do an in tank quarenteen using a plexiglas hang on chamber. You can feed seperate etc.
 
You could quarenteen it until it grows out. Or do an in tank quarenteen using a plexiglas hang on chamber. You can feed seperate etc.

Ok I'll try that thank you!!
 
I would place a small tank rock and / or plastic pipe, open to each side, for him to hide. Good luck.
 
I like this one ... but the te e are may out there on Amazon
Screenshot_20200116-135547_Chrome.jpg
 
Thats good to know
1579204708117.png

Specifically this one by Alfie Pets. I got this one instead of the one the other user posted because I was afraid the hole in the top would be large enough for shrimps to swim out. I currently have to rest it on top of rocks for it to properly stay. Maybe the other one has fine suction, but the two big holes kind of make it not very useful for tiny shrimps.
 
1579204708117.png

Specifically this one by Alfie Pets. I got this one instead of the one the other user posted because I was afraid the hole in the top would be large enough for shrimps to swim out. I currently have to rest it on top of rocks for it to properly stay. Maybe the other one has fine suction, but the two big holes kind of make it not very useful for tiny shrimps.


I have a breeder box that he is residing in currently the clowns don't seem that interesting in him at least
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new