Peninsula aquarium with both ends built into wall. Need wavemaker suggestions

Amboss72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently took over a 350 gallon 8’ long tank. Both ends of the tank where built with walls surrounding them. There is no space between the ends of the aquarium and the walls. The tank is picture framed leaving both sides visible for the patients of the client. The tank has a large iwaki return pump with one nozzle on the overflow end and two nozzles on the other end of the tank. I’ve also positioned a large gyre on the overflow end as I’m able to put the gyres magnets inside the overflow. I need suggestions as to what I could use for wave makers on the opposite side of the tank where there is no room for magnets. At this point I just have two nozzles from the return on that end of the tank and they aren’t providing enough water movement. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may be able to DIY an acrylic mounts that hang on the top edge of the tank that can then attach a wave maker to.

you can also add some variable nozzles to your return to help those some

OP
OP
A

Amboss72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hadn’t thought about the DYI acrylic brackets. That could possibly work. Thanks for your input.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 115 35.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back