Peninsula Build In Honor Of My Dad

Liquid361

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My father setup his reef aquarium in the mid 80’s. He was a chemical engineer. Keeping such a tank that long ago was incredible and time consuming. I can’t imagine doing this without the help of the internet. I’ve had my aquariums off/on all my life and so I’m not new to this. Due to my financial situation, my tanks have always been setup on a tight budget. My dad and I were very close and shared this passion. I lost him to acute myeloid leukemia two years ago. I’m setting up a new tank in his honor, budget be danged. Currently I have a chaotic 92g cube reef. I’ll slowly shut it down as I transfer things over to my new setup, a Waterbox Peninsula 5526. It should arrive this next week. The substantial equipment besides the tank:
  • Ecotech Radion G4 X30w (x2)
  • complete APEX system inc WAV pumps, flow monitoring, COR20 return pump, and Trident
  • Maxspect AD600 Skimmer

While not new to reef tanks, most of this hardware is new to me. The only certainty with this new tank is that I’ll require assistance. I’ll update this thread has things arrive and construction begins.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st of all I am so sorry, but there is no doubt that your paps will be and is right there with you on this journey!

2nd your gonna love the WB 5526 almost bought one my self but it did not work out :(
I have such love for peninsula tanks! it's like having 2 tanks in one.

best of luck and happy reefing!

OP
OP
Liquid361

Liquid361

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate all the kind words. I must say, living so close to Marine Depot is AWESOME! Anything I order arrives next day. A lot of equipment arrives today. Anyone here ever purchased a waterbox? The day after purchase, I received an email with a DocuSign document, a release of sorts, but haven’t heard anything since. How long did it take between purchase and delivery?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back